Senton/Kraton/Talion.... Suspension mod.... Shock choice Galore!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan777

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
The rear shocks of my senton will now fit on the front . The front shocks after mod are kinda to short... Now i can run dual shocks on all 4 wheels if I wanted. Or just run my shock of choice! .... Crazy!!!

Last edited:
How is this possible you might ask?? Well first I went on ebay. Then I searched and searched..and searched. There we're 100000's of parts to look through. But there was 2 pieces that caught my eye....

NOW with pics... ;)

Last edited:
So I ordered the 2 parts. Yes that's right, out of all of those parts I looked at, i went with my hunch and just ordered the two... Then im sure you can guess what happened next...Yep, I waited for them to come in the mail.

So after about a week of checking my mail box. TODAY THE PARTS CAME!!! Oh yeah!... Time to get cracking!! Once again.. adhd kicks in and I start going to town... cutting... drilling...do some fitment checking ... then... some more drilling. This goes back and forth for a little while, until all of a sudden....BAM!!! ....It fits like a charm!!!! So i grab a front shock, to install it....but wait.... what the ?? The front shocks are way to small to go on the front end now. So i get a rear shock....
Whats this??
A perfect fit???
It cant be true....
Can it??
Do I now have a zillion shock options?

Last edited:
Well... It might be a little hard to figure out what im talking about... with out a picture...here is a picture to help explain what im talking about.

Last edited:
20160216_220507.jpg

As you can clearly see in the picture the front shock on the right no longer fits... The rear shock on the left, now fits perfect. I think this mod could come in handy if your looking for some other shock options.

Attachments

• 20160216_220507.jpg
    20160216_220507.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 31
A couple of pics @justatree
20160217_094712.jpg

The incorporated shock brace was made out of some strong metal. Regular drill bits did nothing but make it hot and mess up the bits. I had to us something stronger.
20160217_095543.jpg

Ok...ok....I wont leave you guys hanging anymore...
Here are some pictures that might help. The holes didnt line up perfect. I did have to drill out the holes a little for it to bolt right on...Now there is plenty of room for longer shocks..... Im not the best painter, but bright orange wasnt gonna fly....

20160217_094757.jpg 20160217_093540.jpg 20160216_205604.jpg 20160216_205111.jpg

What do you think of the mod?
Is it to much of a hack job?

Last edited:
Ok...ok....I wont leave you guys hanging anymore...
Here are some pictures that might help. The holes didnt line up perfect. I did have to drill out the holes a little for it to bolt right on...Now there is plenty of room for longer shocks..... Im not the best painter, but bright orange wasnt gonna fly....

View attachment 897 View attachment 898 View attachment 899 View attachment 900

What do you think of the mod?
Is it to much of a hack job?

What shock tower is that? I'm updating the front and rear of my Senton with Typhon rear suspension and Kraton front Suspension, so finding a way to get longer shocks working properly is the biggest challenge at the moment.

What shock tower is that?.
20160405_144207.jpg
20160405_144735.jpg

There is plenty of towers that will work as good or better, but this was the one I chose, and it worked good enough... I will have to search a little, to figure out what the the back brace is... Im still rockn this mod..I haven't had any problems so far.

View attachment 1398 View attachment 1399
There is plenty of towers that will work as good or better, but this was the one I chose, and it worked good enough... I will have to search a little, to figure out what the the back brace is... Im still rockn this mod..I haven't had any problems so far.

Right on thanks brother I'm going to get on this quickly I'm tired of staring at my Senton in its dismantled state lol

20776456528_5ebaa4c73c_z.jpg
No prob..
The shock tower brace is from a team xray XB8E 1/8 buggy.. XB-0812
This is the brace on a buggy. I think i got it from rc-waffle.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back