Senton Senton Love

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBassBrent

Deep in the heat of Texas
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
It's kinda quiet in here. Makes me feel bad because the Senton is my favorite truck. My kraton is huge and tough, but there is something more pleasant about driving the Senton. It responds better to tuning tweaks, requires more finesse to keep her going where you point her, and when she wrecks, I rarely have to go flip her over because she lands on her feet.
Had a fun night wrenching. Installed hot racing steering bell crank. This thing is so smooth with the bearings vs the stock bushings. Highly recommended. Also installed a faster Apex 6600MG servo and a vanquish servo horn. I'm very happy with the results. Can't wait to run it later.

What do you like most about your Senton?

Great mods ~ Haven't got a Senton myself but hopefully one day.

I had to choose and as I wanted to do speed runs I chose the Typhon over the Senton. If I want to "bash" though then I will be looking at the Senton. ;)

Quick question btw, are you UK based or other?
Only asking as I'm in the UK and recently bought a job lot of spares which included some new/used Senton 6S parts which I'm selling on eBay.

Haven’t run my senton build yet; I had to build one. Now it’s a typhon gt8 conversion build :geek:

What tires are you running?

I like the durability and bashability. The arrma 6s platform shows its weaknesses when you buy one of their MT’s due to them having bigger arms and more force on impacts, electronics overheating, etc. The senton really is so small the chassis can’t bend, the electronics don’t overheat even geared for 70, and it’s proven very hard to break!

Haven’t run my senton build yet; I had to build one. Now it’s a typhon gt8 conversion build :geek:

What tires are you running?

Those are the duratrax lockup tires. They are buggy wheels. I haven't run this set yet. I had some China knockoffs before this, but I kept blowing the tires off the rim no matter how much glue I used. Happened to two sets. Guess that's what you get for 25 bucks for a set. I don't expect to have any issues with the lockups. Seems to be a quality setup.

Great mods ~ Haven't got a Senton myself but hopefully one day.

I had to choose and as I wanted to do speed runs I chose the Typhon over the Senton. If I want to "bash" though then I will be looking at the Senton. ;)

Quick question btw, are you UK based or other?
Only asking as I'm in the UK and recently bought a job lot of spares which included some new/used Senton 6S parts which I'm selling on eBay.
I'm located in Texas, USA. I love bashing my kraton. I baby the Senton. It only gets run on my dirt track.

I'm located in Texas, USA. I love bashing my kraton. I baby the Senton. It only gets run on my dirt track.
Arrh the "Lone Star State", ....cool.
Just thought it was worth asking, postage might be a little high from the UK. :LOL:

Yes you can tell the Senton looks pretty clean bar some dust. Hope it keeps on serving you well. (y)

I have about 4-5 sets of knockoffs :D
View attachment 32737
Those looks like the same ones I had. I guess I suck at gluing tires. Still learning... I cleaned them well. Maybe I should have not used the thin can glue?

That's one sweet ride! I dig the body and paint job.

To be able to follow the pace at local inside SCTE track (non official) races. All the latest mods (sway bar, shock adjustment, stick weight, tires, wheels,... ) really improves my ride... (starting line; me, far right, my son far left on Mega red)

Yes, TLR's (blue, on the right) won both races; too fast on cornering and camel jumps... :)
PL

Those are the duratrax lockup tires. They are buggy wheels. I haven't run this set yet. I had some China knockoffs before this, but I kept blowing the tires off the rim no matter how much glue I used. Happened to two sets. Guess that's what you get for 25 bucks for a set. I don't expect to have any issues with the lockups. Seems to be a quality setup.
Are u using the lockup buggy or SC tires? Did you have to change your hexes?

To be able to follow the pace at local inside SCTE track (non official) races. All the latest mods (sway bar, shock adjustment, stick weight, tires, wheels,... ) really improves my ride... (starting line; me, far right, my son far left on Mega red)

View attachment 33566

Yes, TLR's (blue, on the right) won both races; too fast on cornering and camel jumps... :)
PL

That's awesome! I'm glad you and your son get to share in the hobby. Hopefully I can make it to a real track someday. I race with buddies on a track I'm building in my yard right now.

It's kinda quiet in here. Makes me feel bad because the Senton is my favorite truck. My kraton is huge and tough, but there is something more pleasant about driving the Senton. It responds better to tuning tweaks, requires more finesse to keep her going where you point her, and when she wrecks, I rarely have to go flip her over because she lands on her feet.
Had a fun night wrenching. Installed hot racing steering bell crank. This thing is so smooth with the bearings vs the stock bushings. Highly recommended. Also installed a faster Apex 6600MG servo and a vanquish servo horn. I'm very happy with the results. Can't wait to run it later.View attachment 32701
View attachment 32702

Can you tell me what part numbers for the bearing? or where i can get a full set bearing for the senton? I want to replace all bushings for bearings

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back