Senton Senton Mega 3S Upgrade Diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chimaera

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Hi All,

I have been slowly upgrading my Senton Mega to 3S, mostly just using standard parts from the 3S model to try and maintain consistency.

I've upgraded the following:
  • Motor/Esc
  • 57T spur/slipper
  • BLX motor mount
  • 20T pinion
I've run into an issue where the car is borderline uncontrollable (compared to 3S Vorteks), which I think might be related to the diff gearing. The Senton mega I have is the older ARA102715T1 model which comes with a 49T main gear and 17T input. The newer mega and 3S come with a 37T main gear and 13T input.

I'm wondering if the combination of the 20T pinion and older gearing is just putting down too much power? Maybe something else that I'm missing?

Thanks!

I am in the same situation.. Senton 550 Mega caught a rock and destroyed the slipper assembly.. upgraded to BLX with a 4S 130A ESC & 1900kv motor and it is squirrelly!!

I am in the same situation.. Senton 550 Mega caught a rock and destroyed the slipper assembly.. upgraded to BLX with a 4S 130A ESC & 1900kv motor and it is squirrelly!!
Mines just the 3200kv BLX100 which should be similar to the Vorteks, but it spins off at anything more than light throttle. It's already a bit of a money sink going from mega to 3S so want to make sure I'm focused on the right problem before buying new diffs.

Mines just the 3200kv BLX100 which should be similar to the Vorteks, but it spins off at anything more than light throttle. It's already a bit of a money sink going from mega to 3S so want to make sure I'm focused on the right problem before buying new diffs.
Mine too. Still using stock shoes.. may up the wheel size slightly and see what happens.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back