Senton Senton Mega 3s upgrade. Should I be doing a steering link upgrade after swapping in ADS-15?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjnco

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Senton 6s
I swapped out the old ADS-5 with a ADS-15 servo on my Mega upgraded to 3s. I was wondering if I should upgrade the steering link. I was thinking of the hot racing steering link, but I know nothing about this and I'm looking for suggestions. Thanks!

Attachments

• hot racing steering link with servo saver.jpg
    hot racing steering link with servo saver.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 65
I find the Steering too sensitive in my senton blx I turn the Rate down to limit how much turn it has mine seems to be holding up just fine, I’m not racing it so I’m not fussed

Thanks for the suggestion on the kimbrough 124, OverpowerRC. I'm still pretty new to RC, so forgive me for asking a potentially stupid question. Do some people connect a steering link directly to the servo without a servo saver? If so, is there any advantages/disadvantages to this with my ADS-15 servo in mind?

Arrmajunk- thanks for the suggestion. I may try that as a starting point before any further servo upgrades.

Thanks for the suggestion on the kimbrough 124, OverpowerRC. I'm still pretty new to RC, so forgive me for asking a potentially stupid question. Do some people connect a steering link directly to the servo without a servo saver? If so, is there any advantages/disadvantages to this with my ADS-15 servo in mind?

Arrmajunk- thanks for the suggestion. I may try that as a starting point before any further servo upgrades.
The saver is to stop the servo being broken from extra force. You’ll have no give in your setup like that causing the servo to break

The saver is to stop the servo being broken from extra force. You’ll have no give in your setup like that causing the servo to break
I was wondering about that. Thanks for confirming that would the case.

Hello ?.
me again. Just had a thought, I put my two pence worth in., I have a Senton Mega (Blue) I converted over to a BLX with all parts needed to do so correctly as when I wanted Senton 3s it was Unavailable, I also have a Bought Senton 3s (Green). And I’m in the process of changing parts in a Typhon Mega into a BLX but I’m going to be using the 4s 3668 motor 2400kv on 4s .
in relavance to subject on two/ three models The Screws for the Steering rack underneath are in so damn tight they won’t move at all without stripping the heads. and the new typhon will move but halfway out they get very tight and even my Hudy 2.0mm Driver is jumping the hex so I’ve left them all as they are . It just would life easier for whipping out the Servo . May be yours is ok . But all 3 of mine are no go at getting screws out

Hello ?.
me again. Just had a thought, I put my two pence worth in., I have a Senton Mega (Blue) I converted over to a BLX with all parts needed to do so correctly as when I wanted Senton 3s it was Unavailable, I also have a Bought Senton 3s (Green). And I’m in the process of changing parts in a Typhon Mega into a BLX but I’m going to be using the 4s 3668 motor 2400kv on 4s .
in relavance to subject on two/ three models The Screws for the Steering rack underneath are in so damn tight they won’t move at all without stripping the heads. and the new typhon will move but halfway out they get very tight and even my Hudy 2.0mm Driver is jumping the hex so I’ve left them all as they are . It just would life easier for whipping out the Servo . May be yours is ok . But all 3 of mine are no go at getting screws out
I haven't tried to unscrew the steering rack myself. Stripped heads are a pain, so I appreciate the heads up on this.

Trying to get my 3s BLX Forum Upgrade Degree :)
So for steering is seems there are a few paths to go down? One is the Hot Racing Fixed Link in OP. Then there is the Kimbrough 124 servo saver. And biggest change is the whole Hot Racing Belcrank? If you do the Belcrank, do you still need a servo saver (either Kimbrough or HR)?
Thanks for all the suggestions. I hadn't considered the HR Belcrank. Its definitely added to my upgrade list. Just had a motor seize up over the weekend, so that's the next order of the day! Thanks again!
Thanks for all the suggestions. I hadn't considered the HR Belcrank. Its definitely added to my upgrade list. Just had a motor seize up over the weekend, so that's the next order of the day! Thanks again!
On another note, do you happen to know if there is a way to run the BLX 100 motor with the 91t 48p hot racing steel spur gear? I purchased the HR spur gear because I kept stripping the standard spur gear, but didn't do enough research on the distinction between 32p and 48p before pulling the trigger. I've had a bunch of issues with cheap motors off eBay, so I was considering buying a the 3s or 4s BLX motor, but I don't want to have to invest in a whole new spur gear set up. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Looks like I’m in your club ,my Senton 3200kv Front bearing collapsed but worse still it wore out the diameter for a replacement bearing so in effect it’s now useless I couldn’t even save my pinion as the grub screw stripped ;(

On another note, do you happen to know if there is a way to run the BLX 100 motor with the 91t 48p hot racing steel spur gear? I purchased the HR spur gear because I kept stripping the standard spur gear, but didn't do enough research on the distinction between 32p and 48p before pulling the trigger. I've had a bunch of issues with cheap motors off eBay, so I was considering buying a the 3s or 4s BLX motor, but I don't want to have to invest in a whole new spur gear set up. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Amain sells Robinson Racing brand 48p 5mm bore pinions. Lots of sizes too. I have a few.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back