Senton Senton Mega 4x4 Battery Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscar16

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
So I recently bought a Senton Mega 4x4 and took it to the track today for a spin (actually bought it yesterday night and took it today after work lol couldnt wait). I normally ride it around a really cool offroad rc track with some nice jumps. I started driving around the track for a while and felt super nice. All off a sudden the truck slowed down for a about 5 seconds and then it stopped. I went to checked it out and the wheels were turning but the truck was mot going forward. Literally the truck lasted about 5 min.

I went in the hobby and they said I had to upgrade the battery to a LIPO If I wanted to compete.

So I went from a 2400 8.4v Nimh battery to a 5000map 7.4v 20c Venom battery.

My question is riding around the track for a while after charging it for about almost 2 hours, how much would the truck last driving it around with the LIPO 5000amp battery?

how much would the truck last driving it around with the LIPO 5000amp battery?
How long is a piece of string?

I mean really it's hard to say as driving habits, conditions, and terrain are all going to play a part in your run time. For a ball park figure I'd say roughly around 15-20 minutes.

I mean really it's hard to say as driving habits, conditions, and terrain are all going to play a part in your run time. For a ball park figure I'd say roughly around 15-20 minutes.
What upgrade can I use to make my senton last longer?

I meant to say how can I make run time longer?

I meant to say how can I make run time longer?
Again, this depends on driving habits and where you chose to drive your rig. One way is to simply get a higher mAh capacity battery. Another way is to lose weight. Still another is to use street tires on a road surface. What I'm trying to allude to is: there's a bunch of ways to achieve longer run times, but finding one that fits you is more important.

My daughter would run her Mega flat at 100% throttle using a 5000 mAh 30C LiPo battery and would get about 15 minutes out of it using stock tires on a grass field.
This varied based on air temp and field conditions, but 15 minute runtimes were pretty consistent.
The one thing you need to worry about with the Mega is the brushed motor doesn't hold up very long. We would get about 20 packs run through before the motors would die. One motor literally blew apart internally. I have pics in a thread somewhere showing the carnage.
I had to replace her motor several times before I just decided to upgrade her to a brushless system.

Last edited:
Just putting this out there in case it was missed, but the supplied wall charger with the Senton won't charge that LiPo without the battery exploding.....

NiMH needs to be cycled to run them up to capacity, typically takes 5-10 runs before they build their full capacity. The stock battery should also be 3000mAh, and I typically see 10-15 minute run times even running hard because they have a much lower voltage the ESC will tolerate before cutting.

5000mAh lipo's run anywhere from 15-20 minutes being ran hard.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back