Senton Senton Mega 4x4 Brushed to brushless changes....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hello there. I've been in and out of R/C's for the best part of 2 decades now. My current addiction is Tamiya Touring Cars. I buy them, build them, sticker them..... Then put them on the Shelf. Theyre not even fully operational. Its came to my attention I don't have a runner. I'm very interested in the Typhon/Talion/Outcast, but im in the UK and supply is, lets say terrible for now.

One of my favourite R/Cs of the past was a Slash 4x4. Ive had 4 or 5 of them over the years. But they are VERY expensive for what you get. This brings me to the Mega Senton 4x4....... The BRUSHED version.

Its available in Germany at the moment for a VERY good price. My idea is to buy one..... Sell the Rx/Tx/Servo/ESC/Motor/Battery and Charger to recoup some of the money, And then fit it with my choice of electrics. I already have a Futaba Radio System, an array of 2s and 3s Lipos. I was intending putting a decent Servo, a Hobbywing Max 10 and a circa 3000kv motor in and running 3S.

However, I cant seem to find much information. What other changes does the Senton Mega 4x4 Brushless version have over the brushed one I will possibly be buying? I cant seem to find a definitive list? IF anyone has a list of the differences (if there are any) I can look at obtaining them and building a cheaper Brushless Senton 4x4? Im just after the chassis changes.

Can anyone shed any light?
Thanks

Hello there. I've been in and out of R/C's for the best part of 2 decades now. My current addiction is Tamiya Touring Cars. I buy them, build them, sticker them..... Then put them on the Shelf. Theyre not even fully operational. Its came to my attention I don't have a runner. I'm very interested in the Typhon/Talion/Outcast, but im in the UK and supply is, lets say terrible for now.

One of my favourite R/Cs of the past was a Slash 4x4. Ive had 4 or 5 of them over the years. But they are VERY expensive for what you get. This brings me to the Mega Senton 4x4....... The BRUSHED version.

Its available in Germany at the moment for a VERY good price. My idea is to buy one..... Sell the Rx/Tx/Servo/ESC/Motor/Battery and Charger to recoup some of the money, And then fit it with my choice of electrics. I already have a Futaba Radio System, an array of 2s and 3s Lipos. I was intending putting a decent Servo, a Hobbywing Max 10 and a circa 3000kv motor in and running 3S.

However, I cant seem to find much information. What other changes does the Senton Mega 4x4 Brushless version have over the brushed one I will possibly be buying? I cant seem to find a definitive list? IF anyone has a list of the differences (if there are any) I can look at obtaining them and building a cheaper Brushless Senton 4x4? Im just after the chassis changes.

Can anyone shed any light?
Thanks

What is the price gap between the Mega brushed version and the new BLX version. As of right now in the states it’s $80. With the delta so small we are better off buying the new brushless version. In fact, Arrma is going to need to drop the Mega price in order to keep selling it, my opinion of course.

I own a Mega Granite and Senton. If you are going to run 3s, you need to address the 48p spur/pinion heats and the slipper clutch. Members here have modified the 32p Axial Yeti spur as well as fabricated dual slipper assemblies from either Axial or Arrma 32p spurs. I’ve done both and I like the dual slipper assembly I fabricated. Cost was around $20. The new BLX version runs a completely new slipper clutch and motor mount. Cost estimate is around $70.

Another item that needs upgrading is the rear input shaft. Arrma is coming out with a HD version or you can make your own.

Depending on what you do with the truck, shocks might be a good idea. The stock one snap at the ends and they are hard to get replacements. I also busted a rear driveshaft from just too much power. I’m running a Castle Mamba X/1410-3800 Kv combo on 3 s in my Granite and a Castle SW4/1406-4600 Kv combo in the Senton (2s only on that one).

The new BLX versions have some nice upgrades and if I could do it all over again I would have just bought one of those.

Last edited:
Having gone the brushed to brushless route on the original Senton Mega 4x4, I wouldn't bother buying the brushed as the supplied Servo/Engine/ESC/Battery were garbage and are pretty much worthless IMO . I doubt you will be able to sell them.

Just buy the new BLX.

I would be budgeting for new shocks with the BLX as well.

I agree with the others. The stock motor/ESC/Battery/servo are almost worthless. The Tx/Rx, maybe you can get $20-$30 for it. Plus you MUST do the 32p spur and HD input. Worth pointing out - I don't think the new HD input will work with our MEGA trucks, unless we do a complete diff swap - the diffs have different tooth counts.

So (using USD pricing)-
Truck - $230
MAX10 SCT combo - $130
Mods - $30-50 or so for bits and pieces and shipping.
Then offset the $30 you might get for the TXRX,

So you are sitting around $350-$400, but you get the truck NOW. Well, now-ish, you still need to gather all the parts, make some mods, and build the truck.

Or wait a week or maybe 4,and get the BLX3s for $299.

I agree with the others. The stock motor/ESC/Battery/servo are almost worthless. The Tx/Rx, maybe you can get $20-$30 for it. Plus you MUST do the 32p spur and HD input. Worth pointing out - I don't think the new HD input will work with our MEGA trucks, unless we do a complete diff swap - the diffs have different tooth counts.

So (using USD pricing)-
Truck - $230
MAX10 SCT combo - $130
Mods - $30-50 or so for bits and pieces and shipping.
Then offset the $30 you might get for the TXRX,

So you are sitting around $350-$400, but you get the truck NOW. Well, now-ish, you still need to gather all the parts, make some mods, and build the truck.

Or wait a week or maybe 4,and get the BLX3s for $299.

^^^^this, all day long. If anything I would start with the BLX and mod that.

$$$ into Granite is sitting around $300. That's ESC/motor (I did go expensive) slipper/spur/pinion parts, hd mod, and tires.Truck was $220. $520 is a lot of money for a 1/10th scale MT.

Yeah, I think the only reason my conversion was 'cheap' was I had a spare BLX combo, and by some miracle, the stock plastic gear servo is still going strong... LOL

Yeah, I think the only reason my conversion was 'cheap' was I had a spare BLX combo, and by some miracle, the stock plastic gear servo is still going strong... LOL

I forgot the servo! Add another $35, lol.

How is the servo still alive , LOL, some have been lucky to get 5 minutes out of it ?

I don't want to add up what the Mega 4x4 cost me to get reasonably solid and reliable on 2S, will not even attempt 3S.

I was hoping for an easily fit uprated Spur gear from the BLX, but looks like I'll just stock up on the standard one ( when parts actually are available again ) and stick to 2S.

I digress

Last edited:
Thank you for all the replies. I'm going to guess the majority of this forum is American so I'll briefly summarise.

Arrma is near enough impossible to get in the UK at the moment. I'll be brief and will leave a lot out but Since Hobbico went bust and Horizon took over Arrma has been very difficult to obtain especially in the UK. I have my own opinions on Horizon Hobby, but thats all they are, my opinions. Horizon Europe is based in Germany. Stock levels seem to be getting back to normal in Europe and the US, but this isn't the case in the UK. Im guessing its because England are in the process of attempting to leave the EU which maybe why we are so far behind. But as of right now, in one of the biggest RC Shops in England, there is currently just ONE Arrma Kit in stock, and its a Arrma Raider Mega Brushed..... Another of our largest modelshops stock levels look like this:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?CategoryID=9900&SubCategoryID=990010&ManufacturerID=1274

However, Im big into my Tamiya kits. I get them from Germany. They do weekly deals, and currently they have the Arrma Senton Mega Brushed for £153 ($199) Posted.... The Mega 3s BLX is rumoured to be £329+ ($428+). So over double. I will also state there doesn't appear to be any plans for the 3S one to be sold here. The Senton 6S for example is listed (at $588).

So my plan was to buy the ridiculously cheap Mega Brushed, for even cheaper than it retails to you guys in the States. I have a Futaba 4PV Radio, so I could sell the RTR ESC/Motor/Servo/Battery/Charger for say £60. ID then have a brand new Roller for £93, which would have been £236 cheaper than the RTR 3S Brushless for me to stick my own electrics in.

It doesn't appear worth it. Thanks for your help however

Arrma is near enough impossible to get in the UK at the moment. I'll be brief and will leave a lot out but Since Hobbico went bust and Horizon took over Arrma has been very difficult to obtain especially in the UK. I have my own opinions on Horizon Hobby, but thats all they are, my opinions. Horizon Europe is based in Germany. Stock levels seem to be getting back to normal in Europe and the US, but this isn't the case in the UK. Im guessing its because England are in the process of attempting to leave the EU which maybe why we are so far behind. But as of right now, in one of the biggest RC Shops in England, there is currently just ONE Arrma Kit in stock, and its a Arrma Raider Mega Brushed..... Another of our largest modelshops stock levels look like this:

Its not only the UK , I am in Australia and we are in pretty much the same boat with ARRMA stock , and it isn't going to be resolved for a while yet as Horzions has dismissed the previous distributors and assigned new distributors locally. The new distributors will take a while to get up to speed with the required sku's, etc. I made a note of it in another thread as well.

Thank you for all the replies. I'm going to guess the majority of this forum is American so I'll briefly summarise.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?CategoryID=9900&SubCategoryID=990010&ManufacturerID=1274

However, Im big into my Tamiya kits. I get them from Germany. They do weekly deals, and currently they have the Arrma Senton Mega Brushed for £153 ($199) Posted.... The Mega 3s BLX is rumoured to be £329+ ($428+). So over double. I will also state there doesn't appear to be any plans for the 3S one to be sold here. The Senton 6S for example is listed (at $588).

So my plan was to buy the ridiculously cheap Mega Brushed, for even cheaper than it retails to you guys in the States. I have a Futaba 4PV Radio, so I could sell the RTR ESC/Motor/Servo/Battery/Charger for say £60. ID then have a brand new Roller for £93, which would have been £236 cheaper than the RTR 3S Brushless for me to stick my own electrics in.

It doesn't appear worth it. Thanks for your help however

Considering all that, going with a Brushed Granite 4x4 makes more sense. I would make a point of buying the Yeti spur parts and extra wheel axles for the HD input mod with the kit, because you know you will need them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back