Senton Senton Mega 4x4 Jumps, Backflips, Wheelies and Wrecks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Stopped by the LHS and picked up a new Castle Mamba X to go with the Castle 1410-3800kv motor in my Senton. I got home and charged a 2s and a 3s battery while I installed it. Calibrated the esc and set the punch to 30% (this is like a 7 in the BLX185). I never got to run my new badlands because the old castle esc died a minute into run after I installed them. So this was testing the new tires and the new esc.

The truck ran fine on 2s, albeit slow for my tastes. I ran it for about 10 minutes and decided to put the 3s battery in. That sure woke it up and it pulled its very first wheelie. I then decided to do a few jumps. The truck was launching, about as far as my Kraton. So I figured I see if it could do a backflip. Here you go ?

Truck took a decent beating as you will see. The skid plate finally broke at the end. I have a spare so it’s no biggie. Finally this truck is fun ?

That looks pretty solid and a testament to all the work you have put into the mods to strengthen it.

The bumper skid is useless stock, did you lose the red pin brace or is it still attached ?

I never thought I'd see a wheelie out of a Senton 4 x 4 , I best not show my son this video :p

P.S , No idea how those stock shocks are still alive !

That looks pretty solid and a testament to all the work you have put into the mods to strengthen it.

The bumper skid is useless stock, did you lose the red pin brace or is it still attached ?

I never thought I'd see a wheelie out of a Senton 4 x 4 , I best not show my son this video :p

Lost the red brace...for now. I’m sure I’ll find it when I cut my lawn next. It has to be somewhere in that area.

Regarding th skid, I can’t blame Arrma for this breakage. Did you hear how hard it was landing? I’m sure they didn’t have that kind of abuse in mind when they designed it, LOL. Here is where it broke:

C90D059F-65E7-4764-891C-37531577E286.jpeg

I put skid on already as well as a new brace. I might be able to salvage this one though.

I’ll check the shocks tomorrow morning. I’m sure they are going to need fluid. But all in all I was pretty impressed with the performance on 3S.

And look what I found! ?

0100A9CE-7D1D-49CD-9B75-70DDB8AD4EEA.jpeg

Ha, good stuff.

There a few of those hiding in our bash spots which I never managed to find.

I contact glued mine in now , but haven't needed to worry since the bumper reinforcement anyway.

Swap to tbone racing bumper. You’ll never purchase another bumper again. I believe you should widen you ramp. Your skid was hitting pretty solid on the bottom. That’s truly what has to be the cause to the damage.

Swap to tbone racing bumper. You’ll never purchase another bumper again. I believe you should widen you ramp. Your skid was hitting pretty solid on the bottom. That’s truly what has to be the cause to the damage.

T-bone racing isn't getting any more of my money. I have two more of those ramps coming. I rarely run my Senton. It's my least favorite Arrma by a pretty wide margin. I just don't care for short course trucks.

Hahaha whoa, why’s that?!?! And awesome. What we did was one ramp facing the other and tried landing. Ya know, instead of dirt jumps. And I understand. Just a cool little bash truck.

I've had issues with them and their (lack of) customer service.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back