senton mega 4x4 servo replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom B

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hello.
New to the RC world. Need to replace the stock servo on my son's Senton Mega 4x4. Suggestions? He uses NiMH 2400 8.4v batteries and LiPo 5000mAH 2S 7.4v batteries. Do some servos require LiPos only? If so, not interested in those. Just want a servo with metal gears. Those plastic ones stripped pretty quickly.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the info, Yonic!

Do some servos require LiPos only? In some descriptions it states "LiPo batteries recommended." I just want to pop this new servo in and let my boys use whatever battery they want. Thanks again!

The ESC supply the power to the system, so the battery type is irrelevant.

Your ESC supplies 2A at 5V, The JX servo specifications mention that it works also at 4.8V, so it will work for sure.

The Arrma servo only specifies 6V. someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but i assume it will work at 5V as well, only with less power/speed.

I have this one (on my 6s Typhon), though the speed specs are not that different than the stock 6s servo, the actual speed difference is night and day! it's super quick.

I think it's an overkill for your car, you can get with way less torque for your car, though more speed is always nice.

The ESC supply the power to the system, so the battery type is irrelevant.

Your ESC supplies 2A at 5V, The JX servo specifications mention that it works also at 4.8V, so it will work for sure.

The Arrma servo only specifies 6V. someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but i assume it will work at 5V as well, only with less power/speed.

The Arrma ADS15 - the servo from the 6s cars - was designed for 7.4v. It is slow on 6.0v. I would not want to run it on 5v, it would be way too slow.

The JX servos are pretty good - I have a smaller one in a 1/16 SCT that I like.

Here is another option, from HobbyKing. I have 2 of these that I rotate around in different cars. Fast, decent power, metal gears, $18. USA warehouse so you should get it in about a week. -
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/trackst...course-steering-servo-11-1kg-0-09sec-57g.html

I am looking for 2 new servo's as well, do you guys think the ADS-15M will work well if I was to run it on 7.4V in a Granite? Or should I go with the SW-0230mg?

The ADS-15m is a pretty good servo at 7.4v - fast and strong. If you have an extra on laying around, go for it. But if you have to buy one, for the money, you can get better servos for less money with JX or bluebird or one of the other 'off brands'.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back