Senton mega 4x4 tire/wheel suggestion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EbbTide

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
New to RC and I’m about to dive head first into mods. I’m changing my mega to brushless with a new esc in a week or 2. I also want to get rid of my stock tires and wheels. My stock tires are starting to crack. I drive 100% strictly dirt and sand and like aggressive looking tires. I also have a 17mm conversion on the way for the wheels. Thank you for any guidance. Mike

If you have the hexes on the way, get 1/8 buggy tires. They won't change the look or handling much, but are common and cheaper than SCT tires.

I have a set of these BSK Big Block tires from Ebay on my 2wd SCT. They are cheap, look just like the Proline Badlands, and work pretty good. The foam is crap, and the rubber is hard, so they don't grip on hardpack or on road well, but in dirt, grass, they work. Plus they last a long time...

If you want softer tires, I have some Duratrax Lockups for my 1/8 buggy. Great Great tires. Soft, so they grip. Aggressive tread, so they cut trenches in grass, and grip well everywhere. They won't be as cheap as the ebay tires, but they are a better tire.

If you have the hexes on the way, get 1/8 buggy tires. They won't change the look or handling much, but are common and cheaper than SCT tires.

I have a set of these BSK Big Block tires from Ebay on my 2wd SCT. They are cheap, look just like the Proline Badlands, and work pretty good. The foam is crap, and the rubber is hard, so they don't grip on hardpack or on road well, but in dirt, grass, they work. Plus they last a long time...

If you want softer tires, I have some Duratrax Lockups for my 1/8 buggy. Great Great tires. Soft, so they grip. Aggressive tread, so they cut trenches in grass, and grip well everywhere. They won't be as cheap as the ebay tires, but they are a better tire.
You say 1:8 buggy tires and not the Truggy? There is a lot of difference in size

Yes, the buggy tires. They are almost the same size as a SCT tire - just a bit taller and wider. Close enough that it works on most SCT's.

I did try Truggy tires on my Granite, and they just do not work. Not even in the rear, they are just too wide, and with the racing offset rims, all that extra width is pointed inside toward the body.

Sir, Do you know if the Big Rock 3S wheels and tires will fit the Senton Mega? Hard to find the specs on the inner wheel diameter...

Considering that the BRCC 3s and the Senton 3s are the same truck, with different bumpers tires, and body, and the Senton Mega is just the brushed version of the 3s, I expect the BRCC tires should fit just fine. They will probably rub the body pretty bad, though.

Considering that the BRCC 3s and the Senton 3s are the same truck, with different bumpers tires, and body, and the Senton Mega is just the brushed version of the 3s, I expect the BRCC tires should fit just fine. They will probably rub the body pretty bad, though.

That was my thought as well. I think it might look pretty odd as well.

Does anyone know if the senton 6s tires w hex are bigger than the senton 3s set?

Yeah, I know the hub is different but is the tire bigger? Was considering putting 17mm and 6s wheels on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back