Senton mega conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Blunt

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hello all.. 1st post looking for advice. I have a senton Mega 4x4 converted to brushless. HD input front and rear. BLX slipper and a hobbywing max 10 combo.. The 3300kv motor already quit on me so I'm looking to upgrade. I'm going to be putting granite wheels on and upgrading the diffs. So I can pull the front wheels up (hopefully). Should I get a 2200kv motor or 1900kv? I know the lower kv = more torque but I hope not to lose too much speed or over work the esc. Any help is appreciated.

Hello all.. 1st post looking for advice. I have a senton Mega 4x4 converted to brushless. HD input front and rear. BLX slipper and a hobbywing max 10 combo.. The 3300kv motor already quit on me so I'm looking to upgrade. I'm going to be putting granite wheels on and upgrading the diffs. So I can pull the front wheels up (hopefully). Should I get a 2200kv motor or 1900kv? I know the lower kv = more torque but I hope not to lose too much speed or over work the esc. Any help is appreciated.
What lipo cell count are you planning on running. 2200kv is going to need 6S. A 1900kv would be slow on 6S without large gearing.

I think if you stick to 2S or 3S you want to be in the 3000kv to 4000kv range.

Ok. Good to know. 2s -4s is what the esc is rated for and with the 3300kv I had in it with 14t pinion seemed just not enough torque to do a wheelie.. Ive seen the 3s line and other converted mega do wheelies and backflip etc. Maybe once I get the diffs and wheels sorted out it'll be a different story. Appreciate the info!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back