Senton Senton Mega Motor Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscar16

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
So I went ahead and took the truck to the track and actually messed up the brushed motor it came with. So I thought “if im gonna upgrade, why not go brushless?” Went ahead and did my first big upgrade on the Senton Mega with a Castle Sidewinder 3 Sport ESC paired with a 14 Series Four Pole Brushless. What do yall think of the motor and upgrade? What else should I do to make it race ready?

8783735E-512B-49DF-82D6-7C50B559F1B4.jpeg D352C075-6A9F-4BC0-9924-ACF1D1737CFD.jpeg 7F471E49-54AA-4207-96D6-1A043172068E.jpeg 30B7472D-7D0F-4C28-AD88-6E50BEB20398.jpeg

Last edited:
Get some spare gears just in case, I did the same upgrade in my kraton when I brought my kids to tolumne river for bashing last year while me and my friends went fishing . We did 3 days bashing with my son’s Granite mega, kraton and granite.

Get some spare gears just in case, I did the same upgrade in my kraton when I brought my kids to tolumne river for bashing last year while me and my friends went fishing . We did 3 days bashing with my son’s Granite mega, kraton and granite.

You think the spur gear might be the only one that wears off?

You think the spur gear might be the only one that wears off?
You have to give it a small test in launching especially on a full charge battery if you run lipo. Sometimes you’ll rip them. I bought all the internals when I went on my trip.

Nice set up, my new 4x4 granite mega I haven't had the chance to try on a 4S lipo. I just used my gensacearespammers 2S. It’s been raining really bad here in west coast an we’ve been having snow lately up in the summit so I just did a test run out of the box once and so far I have t really spent time with it.

You have to give it a small test in launching especially on a full charge battery if you run lipo. Sometimes you’ll rip them. I bought all the internals when I went on my trip.

Yeah I bought 2 spur gears just in case and im try and set it up to not launch to high speed instant and try to smooth the throttle instead of bolting it out of turns and jumps.

Sometimes one has to learn when to stop, or it becomes borderline "toyish".

*to each its own of course, people show their stuff, and its followed by questions and/or opinions.

Yeah I bought 2 spur gears just in case and im try and set it up to not launch to high speed instant and try to smooth the throttle instead of bolting it out of turns and jumps.
The old truck I did was to put a back stop on the throttle trigger with a one sided foam tape, about 1/8 inch. Then I got used to it, it’ll pick up speed in 3 seconds . Without it, even with wheelie bar I stalled it keeps on flipping ...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back