Senton Senton Mega - No Power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoAce51

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Senton Mega for my daughter and last night it started acting up. It has been running fine and we haven't had any issues so far. Now, when I give it gas, the motor pulses "go-stop-go-stop-go-stop". I checked all my connections and everything is connected, I charged the battery thinking that could be an issue, and I tried running it on a table without a load on the motor. No matter what it acted the same way. I did finally get the truck to run fine in reverse. When I try to move forward, it stutters again. Any ideas what could have happened? I have a very disappointed daughter right now, any help would be appreciated.

I recently purchased a Senton Mega for my daughter and last night it started acting up. It has been running fine and we haven't had any issues so far. Now, when I give it gas, the motor pulses "go-stop-go-stop-go-stop". I checked all my connections and everything is connected, I charged the battery thinking that could be an issue, and I tried running it on a table without a load on the motor. No matter what it acted the same way. I did finally get the truck to run fine in reverse. When I try to move forward, it stutters again. Any ideas what could have happened? I have a very disappointed daughter right now, any help would be appreciated.

Try taking the tires off and putting it up on a block so it doesn’t run away on you. Then unplug the motor leads and put them directly into your battery lead. Make sure they don’t touch together when doing this. This process will tell you if the motor is the issue or if it might be the ESC.

Does it matter which is positive and which is negative?
No it does not. It will either go forward or reverse depending on polarity. But for sake of testing, we really don’t care.

Get a cheap 2s battery off ebay or amazon with a good balance charger. I had nothing but issues when running that stock battery.

Megas are only calibrateable by jumpers and receiver settings. Almost certain it's a crappy battery. Mine had all kinds of cutting out issues and short run times until I went 2s.

Try taking the tires off and putting it up on a block so it doesn’t run away on you. Then unplug the motor leads and put them directly into your battery lead. Make sure they don’t touch together when doing this. This process will tell you if the motor is the issue or if it might be the ESC.
What was the issue with it because my son's is doing the same thing

What did you figure out was wrong my son mega is doing the same thing but I have my brushless transmitter and receiver in it because he broke the original transmitter and it only does it on full power

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back