Senton Mega to Outcast BLX help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osutx427

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
I got a Senton Mega for $100 and shortly thereafter purchased high performance Big Bore shocks from Ebay (stock were leaking bad). I also have an ECX Ruckus 2WD that I bought new and have had nothing but problems with. I had upgraded the ECX to a Kinexsis Brushless 2s/3s 4000Kv 3650 motor (Motor Bullet Connector Size 3.5mm, stock is 4.0mm, hopefully that's still compatible) I'm planning to move the motor/esc to the Senton Mega.

So yes, I'm looking to move my Mega toward Brushless, as well as convert it to an Outcast/Kraton 4s which I believe it possible. I will either do the Typhon body or whatever else will fit. "Truggify" it.... Jenny's RC was out of stock on the slipper with the metal gear. Let me know if I should hold out for it over the 3s version.

For wheels, I am thinking the Proline MX28's. Am I missing any parts? Are there other "upgrades" i should seriously consider? MC2 chassis? Adjustable motormount?

1585713024313.png

You're missing quite a bit... Might be better to rethink your upgrade plan and just do a normal Typhon 3s maybe.. here's what you're missing of you want to do either of the following:

- outcast/Kraton arms (if doing outcast or Kraton bodies) or Typhon arms if Typhon body
- outcast/Kraton tie rods (if using outcast/Kraton arms) or Typhon tie rods if Typhon arms
- kraton/outcast body mounts or Typhon body mounts (not sure if Typhon mounts are the same as the 4s mounts)
- outcast/Kraton drive shafts (if using outcast/Kraton arms and 4s hubs)
- Wing and mount of your choosing (Outcast body needs outcast wing I believe due to clearance)
- 4s Kraton/outcast shocks or 6s shocks if using Kraton/outcast arms
- SWB chassis (if doing outcast only)
- SWB driveshaft (if doing outcast only)
- 13T or 15T pinion (20T too big, remove that)
-remove 4s hexes if using your current drive shafts with Typhon arms and get hot racing 17mm hex adapters for 3s drive shafts (or get Typhon drive shafts and Typhon 17mm hex adapter set)
-remove the 4s hubs if not using 4s driveshafts (they won't work with 3s drive shafts)

That 3650 motor is going to have less torque than the 3660 3s motors and a lot less torque compared to the 3670 4s motors. It will probably struggle to drive a 4WD drivetrain with 2.8 monster tires but maybe could with a 13T pinion. I also don't know about the ECX ESC so can't comment there but if it's less than 100a I would rethink that as well.

You're also going to need two of those diffs, your cart only shows 1. But yeah there is a lot of stuff to get... I think I got everything..

Last edited:
Just spend $400 on a new rig and save yourself the huge hassle. You’ll have two working rigs instead of one.
I would have to agree. Either way you go you're looking at swapping 90% of the parts to upgrade to what you want.

Thank you both for the honesty. It seems people end up replacing alot of the 3s parts too, so thought I could start with the chassis, and put on RPM/aftermarket parts from the start. Basically building a 3s(PLUS) version!

Part of that mindset was reusing the existing motor/esc I have, as well as the upgraded shocks.

Perhaps a cheaper/cost effective solution is just to use the brushless motor/esc and leave everything else as-is. Maybe look for some Granite wheels/trim the body?

Thank you both for the honesty. It seems people end up replacing alot of the 3s parts too, so thought I could start with the chassis, and put on RPM/aftermarket parts from the start. Basically building a 3s(PLUS) version!

Part of that mindset was reusing the existing motor/esc I have, as well as the upgraded shocks.

Perhaps a cheaper/cost effective solution is just to use the brushless motor/esc and leave everything else as-is. Maybe look for some Granite wheels/trim the body?
If that motor/ESC can run the senton on 20T well enough it will probably be able to run granite wheels with 13T, maybe 15T. If it cogs then you know you shouldn't invest into MT wheels until you upgrade your powerplant. Just a thought.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back