Senton Senton Mega/Typhon Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larrys4227

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
Just wanted to show the Senton Mega with a set of Typhon shocks installed. Certainly not the best cost mod, but since they were hanging around my spare parts box...

I put 27wt shock oil, and so far have left the preload at minimum.

I've been very happy with the results ...
IMG_20180221_075241.jpg
IMG_20180221_075227.jpg

Nice Mod, I’m doing some research to find a better set of aluminum shocks for my senton. Do you happen to have the measurements of the typhon shocks, diameter and eye to eye?

Great idea with the screen over the interior, how have you fixed it to the chassis to stay put??

Great idea with the screen over the interior, how have you fixed it to the chassis to stay put??

Yes, I used Velcro strips on both sides. It's simply window screen. Keeps out rocks and grass. Abit of sand gets through, but no biggie.

The length of the shocks is the same as the stock. The diameter i don't know ....

Just wanted to show the Senton Mega with a set of Typhon shocks installed. Certainly not the best cost mod, but since they were hanging around my spare parts box...

I put 27wt shock oil, and so far have left the preload at minimum.

I've been very happy with the results ...View attachment 15788 View attachment 15789
Hey @larrys4227 I was wondering if those Typhon shocks would also fit the granite mega 4x4. The suspension setup on your senton looks to be the same as on my granite. Could you tell me if those shocks are direct bolt on or did you have to modify anything? Also the screen cover you have on your senton is a great idea. I’ll have to do that on my granite as well.

I believe everything is the same between the two trucks. The upper holes on the shocks are large ... I used a metal balllink. I need to take a pic of that, because alot of people ask me what I did with the mount holes. One the bottom fronts, i had to puts nylon spacer between the a-arm and the shock to keep the spring from hitting. Gimme a day or two ... And i'll post more pics

The Typhon shocks are great on both trucks but are serious overkill for that platform. I ran them a while on my Granite until another project needed them. I replaced them with "HSP 81003 81002".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alum-81002...394107?hash=item4d5f7b3dfb:g:r~cAAOSw44BYa8wH

The whole set was $17 with a few colors to choose from. I got them for all 4 of my Mega's. They work well with 800-1K cst & don't leak at all.

Agreed that the shocks are overkill Megasty ... Plus the price. I warn folks that they aren't the best choice. For me, they were taking up space in my parts bin... So i put them to use. I have seen those HSP's ... Better choice for sure

The Typhon shocks are great on both trucks but are serious overkill for that platform. I ran them a while on my Granite until another project needed them. I replaced them with "HSP 81003 81002".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alum-81002...394107?hash=item4d5f7b3dfb:g:r~cAAOSw44BYa8wH

The whole set was $17 with a few colors to choose from. I got them for all 4 of my Mega's. They work well with 800-1K cst & don't leak at all.

I just ordered a set of these for my mega senton. I've got 50wt losi oil on hand. Think that's a decent spec for these shocks?

I had 50-60wgt oil in my Typhon shocks and was too stiff. Much happier with 27 ...

I just ordered a set of these for my mega senton. I've got 50wt losi oil on hand. Think that's a decent spec for these shocks?

50wt is 650cst. It's fine for the rear on the Senton, but I used 500cst for the front which is around 40wt.

How long does the shipping take from China?

So how much better are these shocks vs stock? Noticeable difference?

While they're not as good or strong as the Typhon's shocks, they are worlds better than stock. They have full length springs with fairly good rates. They won't bottom out on the 4x4s, which can also break the stock. They don't have that seriously weak perch which makes the stock useless. But the best thing is that they are all aluminum, the caps won't pop off or leak like the stock. I really can't compare them because they make the stock shocks look like junk.

While they're not as good or strong as the Typhon's shocks, they are worlds better than stock. They have full length springs with fairly good rates. They won't bottom out on the 4x4s, which can also break the stock. They don't have that seriously weak perch which makes the stock useless. But the best thing is that they are all aluminum, the caps won't pop off or leak like the stock. I really can't compare them because they make the stock shocks look like junk.
Nice! Thanks for the reply man. It says in the eBay description that they’re for 1/8 scale. Is that ok? Btw I started a conversion with you. Not sure if you saw it or not. Lol

Nice! Thanks for the reply man. It says in the eBay description that they’re for 1/8 scale. Is that ok? Btw I started a conversion with you. Not sure if you saw it or not. Lol

1/10 or 1/8 doesn't matter as long as they fit. The stock shocks are oversized anyway because the trucks are heavy for 1/10 scales.

I have the ones Megasty listed on both my boys Granite 4x4's also.

Broke 4 perches in 3 weeks of the stock, with these there's no problem.

I have the adjuster rings on both front and rear at the very top.

Just be sure to change the fluid when you get them, as they come partially full and with some weird yellowish oil in them.

I have the ones Megasty listed on both my boys Granite 4x4's also.

Broke 4 perches in 3 weeks of the stock, with these there's no problem.

I have the adjuster rings on both front and rear at the very top.

Just be sure to change the fluid when you get them, as they come partially full and with some weird yellowish oil in them.
Did you have to use any additional spacers or anything to mount them?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back