Senton Senton Mega upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camaromoe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Senton 3s
I have the mega Senton v3. I burned up the brushed motor and am wanting to upgrade the motor and esc. With doing quite a bit of on road running I was thinking about switching over to the vendetta motor and esc. Will the 3900kv work ok still? It looks as if the tires could fit as well from the vendetta? Would I need to change gearing for the stock tires? I have a problem with leaving anything stock so I thought I would reach out to a higher more knowledgeable power.

So, you want to convert it to a Vendetta? Or stock body and setup? You will also need the 3s motor mount, Vendetta slipper setup, and a pinion gear.

So, you want to convert it to a Vendetta? Or stock body and setup? You will also need the 3s motor mount, Vendetta slipper setup, and a pinion gear.
No not a full convert. Just a Senton with a few of the vendetta pieces. I would still run the Senton body and setup. I already have the motor mount. I will order the slipper. Do you have any idea on the hearing changes? Thanks for the response.

In addition to what @pug suggested, if you run Vendetta wheels you'll need 14mm hexes, and they'll look really dumb with a Senton body...Senton tire diameter is like 104-105mm...the Hoons Eleven from the Vendetta are 85mm. You'd be better off converting to 17mm hexes and putting some Hoons from the Infraction, or some Powerhobby Grippers, Phantoms or Beasts. They all are close to the original overall diameter. If you're gonna run the Vendetta motor and the 50t spur, I'd recommend a 20-23t Pinion, and make sure you fill your front and rear diffs with 10k fluid. You'll also want to get the center support bearing for the center drive shaft, and make sure you have a good heatsink and fan on the motor. It'll get pretty warm with that gearing and the bigger tires, but if you keep good bearings in the motor and monitor temps, it'll be fine. I'd also recommend lowering the truck, either with Nitro tubing mods or with Slash shocks.

Last edited:
Thank you @pug and @grihn. I will look at ordering another wheel tire combo. The fluid recommendation is greatly appreciated. It never crossed my mind. Thanks for all of the help!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back