Senton Senton mods, maintenance, and add ons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 3s
So I've had my senton for a little over a year now. I stay on top of keeping it clean and lubed up after each bash (light basher)!!šŸ¤£

Basically ive never had the diffs opened or the module out!!šŸ˜³ so im getting to the point where i know its prolly time to swap bearings and possibly maintenance the diffs!! šŸ˜µ

So i have a few questions.. About how long do bearings last and is it that time!! I wanted some opinions on the plastic ones vs the metal.. I hear fast freddys are popular and thats the only brand i know!

Ive been reading a lot about burning up diffs and running them bone dry.. So how hard are they to get too and what kind of time frame am i looking at.. What involves maintaining them and keeping them durable, reliable, and long lasting!! How long do factory diffs last!?Are the metal ones an upgrade or just more work.. Do they last longer or are the harder on the rest of the drive line.. If i swap to metal diffs do i need to change my pinon to metal and or the spurs?? Oil vs grease.. I seen a lot of good things about red and tacky, Not much of a racer so i don't think ill go the oil route!!

Ive obviously touched on a couple simple mods and am slowly learning but i am still as green as it gets!!

I wanted to swap the pinion out for the 26t and i went ahead and installed a fan for the motor in case of temp problems.. Same deal, is metal better for the pinion and driveline.. Will i see much of an increase in over all performance??

Many questions left unanswered but i think this is a good start!! I figure if i do the 26t mod i might as well tackle everything else while i have it busted open for heart surgery.. I don't keep it down too long!! I rather enjoy tinkering with it almost daily!!

Thanks everyone.. Love this forum, the peeps, and my truck!!

Arrma 4 Life!!
20210708_165521_HDR.jpg

Bearings depend on your driving and conditions.. i have a mega, and I trashed all the bearings at least twice since december. Diffs are easy too, not too hard to figure it out as you disassemble.

Yea your questions are spot on i have the senton too and i tinker with it probably everyday lol i like to keep it clean and as far as the diffs go ive learned there are metal planet gears in the diff but the diff housing gear is plastic but to take it all apart it'll take you about maybe 30 mins & yea the plastic if maintained will last you and save you money
Im no pro but i do kno a really good amount about the senton & the people on here have helped me tons on learning more i sold all my rcs for it lmao i love it

I think taking it all apart is great fun! You get to understand the vehicle much more, and you improve your wrenching skills for the next one. Crack open those diffs and practice up!

I think taking it all apart is great fun! You get to understand the vehicle much more, and you improve your wrenching skills for the next one. Crack open those diffs and practice up!
Yea true that is important when tryna fix or alter your rc i use to lay my screws and parts out in order i took them off & now i just throw all my screws in a cup & all the parts i take off in a box lol

You cannot go wrong with MIP for hex wrenches. A 5mm and 7mm nut drivers - I like Wiha - a turnbuckle wrench (or a small open ended 5mm wrench, picks for o-rings, and on and on...

Wow, a little over a year and you've never swapped out bearings? It's definitely time to check. I think you've gotten lucky so far. Bearings that need to be replaced are easy to recognize. Just hold the middle and roll the outside. If it rolls smoothly it's fine. If it feels crunchy or it's sticking it should be replaced. Fast Eddy and Jim's Bearings are convenient because they sell kits that include all the Arrma bearings. Get the rubber sealed kits.

If you've been running for over a year and never had a diff or spur problem, I don't think you need the metal upgrades. You should open the diffs up and check the fluid though.

Changing the pinion makes a significant difference in speed. You will definitely notice the difference from a 20t to 26t. Just watch the temperature.

Last edited:
Yea my girl got it for me for my bday last june.. Never busted it open bro.. Yea its time.. I think i hear one granule in the front driver side and one on the back driver side!! šŸ¤£

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back