Senton Senton motor & esc upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daymo87

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Senton Mega
Hi guys

I'm looking to upgrade the motor & esc in my senton from brushed to brushless, been looking at the Hobbywing Max10 set combo with the 3200kv motor

Would this be a good option with enough power for bashing about & racing mates? I will replace the motor mount & fit center drives driveshaft bearing too, what would be a good gearing for this setup?

Thanks

Damon

Also Need to uprade the spur at the slipper. .8 Modulus gears are a fit. As in the 3s Version Senton. FWIW, 32 Pitch gears are a very close match to . .8 Modulus gears. If you are stuck finding them.
Use the stocker 3s Pinion size at a minimum.
A 3s Senton Spur is 57T .8 MOD and the stock Pinion is a 20T.
>>>
Bear in mind that the Stocker 3s Senton motor is a 3660kv motor, so you could probably go slightly larger with a pinion because you will be running a Lower 3200kv motor. So Dropping Kv's a bit will require a larger pinion if you want the similar speed of a 3s Senton out the box. Much of this is trial and error, dialing in the Gearing to sit your driving style. Be careful not to Overgear it however. Temp gun in hand will help. Don't forget about getting a Fan and Fan mount. That's a given. Skip using a Heatsink altogether.
My 2 cents. :cool:

Last edited:
Also Need to uprade the spur at the slipper. .8 Modulus gears are a fit. As in the 3s Version Senton. FWIW, 32 Pitch gears are a very close match to . .8 Modulus gears. If you are stuck finding them.
Use the stocker 3s Pinion size at a minimum.
A 3s Senton Spur is 57T .8 MOD and the stock Pinion is a 20T.
>>>
Bear in mind that the Stocker 3s Senton motor is a 3660kv motor, so you could probably go slightly larger with a pinion because you will be running a Lower 3200kv motor. Dropping Kv's will require a larger pinion if you want the similar speed of a 3s Senton out the box. Much of this is trial and error dialing it in the gearing to sit your driving stylle. Be careful not to Overgear it however. Temp gun in hand will help. don't forget about getting a Fan and Fan mount. Skip using a Heatsink altogether.
My 2 cents. :cool:
The stock 3s senton has a 3200kv motor & it's 3660 size 36mm diameter & 60mm long, I have a 55t .8mod from my infraction mega that's been converted to fixed spool & mod 1 gears sp could use that with maybe a 20 or 22t pinion

What Re good Fan mounts ?

I am at the 3s Senton site here and they show the stocker Senton BLX motor being 3660kv.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/search?q="ARA4303V3Standardparts"&relationType=Standardparts&parentProduct=ARA4303V3 (Here it's 3660kv)

Arrma/HH parts site made a Typo, My bad. The link first says 3660kv, click on it and it says 3200kv. :rolleyes: You got this well.(y)
Sorry for the mix up.

No worries dude I was thinking I had gone mad was thinking I've read the specs quite a few times 😅 was thinking my wife was right saying I don't take things in lol🤦

Hi all , just for my 1st post (sorry french :) )

I upgraded recently my senton 2018 brushed to brushless, i kept the orginal pinion (17/91) and get a 3800kv 3660 motor.

With the brushed motor i could reach 35km/h , with the new one im at 38km/h , but more power , better acceleration and brake, and too less hot engine.
In both cases with same 2s lipos and orginal tyres, i will get some with a few more diameter soon, so mybe reach 40km/h

As i drive on short mud tracks and don't want more speed, i won't use 3s lipo.
Hope this can help , thanks for reading

Last edited:
Hey guys

So I went with the max10 combo with 3200kv motor came with a 25t pinion so been using that truck runs great on 2s & 3s loads of power, 3s can be a little wild depending on location lol 😎🤘

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back