Senton Senton Overheating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
As, the title says. My Senton 3s blx brushless is overheating. (I live in Florida)

I'm using a gen ace. 11.1v 5000mah 3s 60c lipo battery.

So is there any heatsink upgrade. Or do I put on a pinion gear to a 15T?
Any tips or trick I can do?

Thanks

Mine overheated because I had debris between the fan & heatsink, make sure this isn't also your problem
That might be it. Thank you.
Could also be something binding or the gear mesh being too tight. Is the ESC or motor overheating, or both?
Motor is always burning hot. then throttle stops working steering still work though. ESC is always cool.

As, the title says. My Senton 3s blx brushless is overheating. (I live in Florida)

I'm using a gen ace. 11.1v 5000mah 3s 60c lipo battery.

So is there any heatsink upgrade. Or do I put on a pinion gear to a 15T?
Any tips or trick I can do?

Thanks
when you turn the wheels, do they seem to roll freely, like when it was new? Going out on a limb here......

otherwise all stock, no modifications?

Any chance its a bearing going out in the motor? That might be causing extra friction/heat. If you take the motor completely out, how does it feel? It should snap from magnet to magnet with no grit whatsoever.

Everything is stock I just got it yesterday. The wheels are still roll freeling
The wheels are still roll freeling?

First of all, where are you running it? If you run it thru grass it will heat up. Grass causes a lot of resistance to the small 1/10 rigs, especially the Senton which is low to the ground.

The wheels are still roll freeling?

First of all, where are you running it? If you run it thru grass it will heat up. Grass causes a lot of resistance to the small 1/10 rigs, especially the Senton which is low to the ground.
I been running it on dirt. sometime grass but mostly dirt.
Any chance its a bearing going out in the motor? That might be causing extra friction/heat. If you take the motor completely out, how does it feel? It should snap from magnet to magnet with no grit whatsoever.
I just got this Rc truck I would think everything is good. but I will check it.

With a motor fan, the motor still overheats before the ESC does. If you're running hard without any breaks you will overheat in Florida weather. But how hot? Do you have a temp gun? You should have one. Depending on how hot, it could be a sign of a bad motor bearing.

With a motor fan, the motor still overheats before the ESC does. If you're running hard without any breaks you will overheat in Florida weather. But how hot? Do you have a temp gun? You should have one. Depending on how hot, it could be a sign of a bad motor bearing.
Soon I will have a temp gun still shipping. Motor always overheat first then the esc does. If it is a bad motor bearing can you fix it or you have to buy a new motor?

Use a smaller pinion gear. I went down to 17T on 3s. Think the 20T is only good for moderate or colder weather. We race on pavement and with 20T the constant acceleration and braking is too much heat.

Use a smaller pinion gear. I went down to 17T on 3s. Think the 20T is only good for moderate or colder weather. We race on pavement and with 20T the constant acceleration and braking is too much heat.
I thought you can only do a 20t and 15t. And thank you.

The V1 and V2 trucks only have four pinion sizes you can use due to pre-drilled motor mount holes. Those could be modified to accept different pinions. The V3 trucks can accommodate various pinion sizes due to the motor mount having slots that you can slide it in.

Last edited:
If it is the bearing, you can contact Horizon Hobby with your proof of purchase and they should send a new motor. After that, you can buy new bearings for your original motor to fix so you have a spare. There is a lot of good information in this thread regarding fixing the motor https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/blx-motor.20999/
I took the motor apart and the bearing just was destroyed. So I contacted them and still waiting for a response to them. Thanks.

Have posted these pictures before. You need to close the holes in the drive unit. Dust gets in there and kills the motor from the inside.

20210309_171741.jpg

20210309_171807.jpg

Back