Senton Senton Price Drop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My shopping cart is loaded up ready to pull the trigger. Great deal!

PLUS

It's tower cash going on now. I also have a whole brand new 6s completed pack in my basement that I bought partially with last times tower cash!!

My only question is, I have 2 extra sets of the DBoots tires in my cart and the RPM rear skid plate in my cart which puts me just over $400 before the coupons = higher member coupon and better tower cash when over 399. I figured spend the extra $50 and get $15 higher coupon and $6 more tower cash!!

Oh yeah, my question, lol. I keep reading about the Dboots falling apart? Is this something to worry about or will I be fine since I'm buying 2 extra sets as backup? Just sold my 6s Slash 4x4, I knew I should have kept the damn full set of brand new duratrax lockups that I gave to the guy that bought the slash :(

My shopping cart is loaded up ready to pull the trigger. Great deal!

PLUS

It's tower cash going on now. I also have a whole brand new 6s completed pack in my basement that I bought partially with last times tower cash!!

My only question is, I have 2 extra sets of the DBoots tires in my cart and the RPM rear skid plate in my cart which puts me just over $400 before the coupons = higher member coupon and better tower cash when over 399. I figured spend the extra $50 and get $15 higher coupon and $6 more tower cash!!

Oh yeah, my question, lol. I keep reading about the Dboots falling apart? Is this something to worry about or will I be fine since I'm buying 2 extra sets as backup? Just sold my 6s Slash 4x4, I knew I should have kept the damn full set of brand new duratrax lockups that I gave to the guy that bought the slash :(

I would not recommend the stock dboots tires. They are really hard and have bad traction also the wheels are kinda fragile.

I would not recommend the stock dboots tires. They are really hard and have bad traction also the wheels are kinda fragile.

What would you recommend tire / rim wise? I'm open to suggestions, Tower doesn't seem to have any decent hop ups for the Senton (hot bodies stuff??) compared to the Outcast. I was trying to fill my cart with stuff to just break the $400 threshold.

But I can def buy different tires and rims if they are better and if they have em in stock...thx if you say duratrax lock ups I'm gonna slap my self. Haha.

Then again I don't need tires right away, if anyone can suggest some hop ups that tower has for the Senton I'll consider that too (don't need anything for my outcast as I have a pile of new parts / upgrades downstairs that I have yet to install, I can't break the outcast except for the wing. Lol)

Well the lockups probably wouldn't be bad.. lol. But keep in mind the senton has 17mm wheel hexes so you'll either need to get these wheels (only ones in stock that will fit) https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDEYT&P=ML and glue your own tires, or get pre-mounted 1/8 buggy wheels that will look a little less scale but will also work without issue.

Well the lockups probably wouldn't be bad.. lol. But keep in mind the senton has 17mm wheel hexes so you'll either need to get these wheels (only ones in stock that will fit) https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDEYT&P=ML and glue your own tires, or get pre-mounted 1/8 buggy wheels that will look a little less scale but will also work without issue.

I was running 17 mm MIP Adapters on my slash 6S and the lockup's I had were 17 mm also, haha. They were only like $50 for all 4 mounted and glued. So not bad. I'll have to check now to see if Tower sells the 17 mm lockups..

And yeah, you are correct I never even thought about buggy wheels, which is an option also.

Wow - just saw this in my email! Put some T-bone bumpers and good tires on and the Senton is nearly indestructible. I'm curious what improvements will come in v3 (Outcast bat tray and chassis plastics, better stock tires?). @I-AM-AN-OUTCAST nailed it with e-cash + coupons this is -really- hard to look away from (Coupon codes don't seem to be the future on the v3 editions)

I couldn't help it. I bought one to bash and one to stash. I am loving this thing! If you factor in the club member discount and the e-cash, it's like paying $268.99 for it with free shipping.

With the stock tires it's actually a lot of fun to drift around like a crazy bat out of hell on 6s. I ended up also getting a set of DE Racing Trinidad SC8 Wheels, and the 2.8 Proline Badlands to mount on them. Should really let it hook up.

Tomorrow is the last day for tower cash.

I still haven't pulled the trigger as I had a couple unexpected expenses come up. I still think I am gonna do it though.

Might sell the outcast (I have a box full of all the recommended hop up parts that I haven't even installed yet) but it is a fun truck too, or my hooked up Axial Wraith crawler?? Not sure.

I really like Short Course RC for the realism factor.

Decisions!! Such a darn good deal..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back