Senton Senton problem?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrmaAlex

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. Senton 6s
We were running the senton out in the cold today, when after 5 minutes, it stopped turning. Throttle works fine, just no steering. Thought she was just too cold for the servo, so we brought it inside the heated shop. After an hour, it still doesn't turn. Tried re-binding, factory reset the esc, still not working. Hard to believe the servo is shot after 4 runs on the machine! ? Any thoughts gang?

I just broke my servo after about 5 runs. I opened her up and sure enough a small gear was stripped

We were running the senton out in the cold today, when after 5 minutes, it stopped turning. Throttle works fine, just no steering. Thought she was just too cold for the servo, so we brought it inside the heated shop. After an hour, it still doesn't turn. Tried re-binding, factory reset the esc, still not working. Hard to believe the servo is shot after 4 runs on the machine! ? Any thoughts gang?

Wow! That’s the exact same thing that happened to me. After about 15 minutes right out of the box I am having the same problem. I took the servo apart and I’m not noticing any stripped gears. I tried turning the Servo not attached to the front wheels and nothing. I’m assiming this thing is gone. Was thinking about tapping into the warranty but seems like most are having similar problems. So I’m definitely upgrading to something else. Oh and this just happened yesterday. 01-10-2018

Got my Senton on Friday and run it today and after less than 15 minutes same thing, stirring went out and will only turn right. Has anyone had any luck fixing the issue or just placing a warranty claim with Arrma. If this is the quality of the Arrma Servo, warranty or not, I'll definitely want to upgrade. Any thoughts or suggestions for me on a new servo? Mostly I will be bashing out here in the country on dirt, gravel and asphalt on 2s lipos.

Got my Senton on Friday and run it today and after less than 15 minutes same thing, stirring went out and will only turn right. Has anyone had any luck fixing the issue or just placing a warranty claim with Arrma. If this is the quality of the Arrma Servo, warranty or not, I'll definitely want to upgrade. Any thoughts or suggestions for me on a new servo? Mostly I will be bashing out here in the country on dirt, gravel and asphalt on 2s lipos.

That sucks! I had the same thing happen to mine a few runs in.
I would file a warranty claim and see what happens. If you win the claim, I would save that servo for a smaller rig and buy something new for the Senton.

I bashed/crashed a Turnigy tgy-5521mdhv on my Senton for about a year and stripped the gears on that one. I recently bought a Savox 1270TG for it because I have had great luck with the 1270tg in my Kraton and MT410. I have ran them hard in both those truck for a long time.

They do sell the replacement gears for the Arrma servo, if you would rather try them again.

You'll want to look into a Savox or Hitec servo. Steel or titanium gears. I've never had a RTR car with a quality servo.

You can file a warranty claim, but then you have to wait. And break it again after a few runs. Spend the money on a good servo. It's worth it.

Had the same thing happen on my Kraton. Got a savox Servo with titanium gears. Much better. Also upgraded to a Hot racing Aluminium Servo mount. Made a huge difference

my arma senton has suddenly stopped steering I'm technical with rc and I was just running it through small grass and not even giving too much high throttle as the garden not big and the steering just went. Does anybody know a easy way I can fix it I tried cleaning the bottom to see if it's any ticks or something but this is my first rc truck and it just seems to be money and money tires I understand but you have to keep spending you can't just go out and have a good run with something silly happening at times

That’s the first thing I replaced in all my 6s. Savox is real nice. There are other out there as well. Depends on ur wallet of course.
90DF1E33-039A-4D34-91AC-17F9DADE3838.jpeg
0C1AEB25-6E41-4C40-9EAF-2F1CB21D8E4B.jpeg
4CD8D159-CD2F-4613-98E9-7230479F7A60.jpeg

I have had this problem for awhile now. What Servo should I replace it with?
Depends what u trying to spend. I’ve seen a lot of ppl w those 20 dollar eBay ones and absolutely love em.

Money isn’t necessarily important. I’m just sick of listening to Arma while my car still sits, broken. Following their instructions, I have already changed the ESC and trans/receiver.
I should have started by changing out the Servo.
Now they want me to mail the Senton to them. I’m not doing that as who knows what will happen or how long it takes.
Thank you for the help.

Money isn’t necessarily important. I’m just sick of listening to Arma while my car still sits, broken. Following their instructions, I have already changed the ESC and trans/receiver.
I should have started by changing out the Servo.
Now they want me to mail the Senton to them. I’m not doing that as who knows what will happen or how long it takes.
Thank you for the help.
Savox makes great servos. If you run in wet conditions make sure u get a waterproof servo. Some of them aren’t waterproof so make sure whatever u find is if you’re like me hosing down ur rig after a bash. Powerhobby also good. I’ve got protek, reefsrc, Savox, primal, reedy, spektrum servos. It’s the first thing I usually upgrade w the Arrma’s. You gotta make sure the bec is set at 7.4 and I always run a glitch buster capacitor on the rx to prevent any voltage spike which can short everything out!!

Just got my new servo in the mail today! Went out on sunday. Not even 10 hours of run time! Upgraded a little so hopefully problem won’t happen again!

Stock servos suck. Are always on borrowed time out the box. I never even warranty replace them. They are lame and underpowered. I rather buy a DS3235 35 kg servo . $34. AMZ. I rarely even run a new stock servo out the box any longer. It gets yanked out immediately. After you had a nice strong one, you won't want to use another stocker servo again. Trust me. Just need to source a new 25 spline Servo saver to fit. ( Kimbrough or Arrma)
Stocker servos and SS's are 23 spline.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back