Senton Senton ream diff main gear and input gear toast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RYANAROBINSON

Reaction score
I have a wiped out rear diff main gear and input gear. Teeth are just shot. This only happened in the rear diff. No clue what would have caused it? Anyone else have this issue? I am ordering new ones, but I just can’t see what would have caused it. The grease looked like it may have gotten water in there. I did drive it through water once, kind of an accident at first. Maybe that was the culprit. The oil was good and all the metal gears within are fine.

I have a wiped out rear diff main gear and input gear. Teeth are just shot. This only happened in the rear diff. No clue what would have caused it? Anyone else have this issue? I am ordering new ones, but I just can’t see what would have caused it. The grease looked like it may have gotten water in there. I did drive it through water once, kind of an accident at first. Maybe that was the culprit. The oil was good and all the metal gears within are fine.
A too tight slipper clutch could have caused it. And they wear out over time. I have went through ~5 input gears and ~3 diff gears in ~6 months. Only when I drive it like I stole it though. If you drive it right, they shouldn't strip out. Don't pin it when you land, that kinda stuff. You could get the hot racing metal ones, but its ~$100 for one complete diff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back