Senton Road Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smuranjan

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I am looking for a cheap set of premounted tires that will fit a 3s senton. It will only be used for top speed runs on asphalt roads and does not need to be especially durable. I made the mistake of not getting road tires for my previous 1/16 E-Revo VXL and the tire treads completely wore down. Hopefully something under 50 dollars/

I am looking for a cheap set of premounted tires that will fit a 3s senton. It will only be used for top speed runs on asphalt roads and does not need to be especially durable. I made the mistake of not getting road tires for my previous 1/16 E-Revo VXL and the tire treads completely wore down. Hopefully something under 50 dollars/
The best would be GRP 1:8 scale tyres. But, you will need 17mm hexes. Easy way is to get Typhon axles and hexes. You can find these on Jennys pretty cheap.

The best would be GRP 1:8 scale tyres. But, you will need 17mm hexes. Easy way is to get Typhon axles and hexes. You can find these on Jennys pretty cheap.
Can you provide a link for the parts please?

Hey I am just wondering if there are any options that use the 14mm hex because I am looking to swap them fast for when I want to ride off vs on road
Not GRPs. I would suggest changing to 17mm hexes anyways as you can find way more tires in 17mm than 14mm.

Not GRPs. I would suggest changing to 17mm hexes anyways as you can find way more tires in 17mm than 14mm.
I was going to place the order today but then I found that hobbyheroes is not shipping right now, any other recommendations. Also I have seen that you can use TRA5353X to adapt from 14 to 17mm hex. Does this still work?

I was going to place the order today but then I found that hobbyheroes is not shipping right now, any other recommendations. Also I have seen that you can use TRA5353X to adapt from 14 to 17mm hex. Does this still work?

I had used the TRA5353X, it's not an adapter but a replacement for use instead of the stock 14mm hexes. They work but you to make sure the set pin stays tight or it creates a lot of slop. I added some 3/16" X 3/32" weedeater fuel line over the stock axle threads to help support the hex from getting a lot of slop. It would better if it had a barrel nut setup like the Hot Racing 17mm adapters to go over the threads making it like a solid axle. I don't like the zero offset with those hexes though when used with zero offset buggy wheels reduces the overall width and makes it more prone to flipping. I am using some Integy hexes now with 6mm offset but they are not ideal either (still have slop) but like the little bit of added width. I have heard that Traxxas 17mm X01 hexes work and look to be about perfect but have not tried them myself https://jennysrc.com/collections/tr...-1-hexes-6460-traxxas-6407?variant=8369114883

I had used the TRA5353X, it's not an adapter but a replacement for use instead of the stock 14mm hexes. They work but you to make sure the set pin stays tight or it creates a lot of slop. I added some 3/16" X 3/32" weedeater fuel line over the stock axle threads to help support the hex from getting a lot of slop. It would better if it had a barrel nut setup like the Hot Racing 17mm adapters to go over the threads making it like a solid axle. I don't like the zero offset with those hexes though when used with zero offset buggy wheels reduces the overall width and makes it more prone to flipping. I am using some Integy hexes now with 6mm offset but they are not ideal either (still have slop) but like the little bit of added width. I have heard that Traxxas 17mm X01 hexes work and look to be about perfect but have not tried them myself https://jennysrc.com/collections/tr...-1-hexes-6460-traxxas-6407?variant=8369114883
ok thanks

These are nice. Also, does a larger tire diameter increase top speed or performance in any way?

Also, are these 12 or 14mm hexes because horizon hobby says 12mm while the website you provided says 14.
Larger diameter could result in higher top speed in theory, but I’ve found that the lower your rig is the faster you can go. The taller the tire, the higher the chassis sits. So by that logic, a shorter tire will allow you to get to a higher top speed. You will have to gear accordingly.

Larger diameter could result in higher top speed in theory, but I’ve found that the lower your rig is the faster you can go. The taller the tire, the higher the chassis sits. So by that logic, a shorter tire will allow you to get to a higher top speed. You will have to gear accordingly.
Ok thanks makes sense now, guess it also increases rolling resistance with larger tires
looks like they are 12mm with adapters to fit 14mm.
ok thanks

these tires worked great. only $40

PXL_20210909_003055352.jpg

Old thread.....

But look up that DTX# to confirm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back