Senton Senton Rolling Easy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kozik

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

newbie here so really just trying to see if this is normal.

I have a senton v3 mega that I've upgraded to brushless (hobbywing max10) with new pinion and the 3s spur & slip.

I find that the senton rolls really easy, like going straight at speed and then trying to make a tight turn seems to be pretty difficult without the thing losing it's wheels and rolling 6+ times.

any upgrades I can do to reduce this a little?

Brake before you turn would be the first thing. Senton's do roll easily.

Wheel hub extensions to make it slightly wider. Adjust the suspension. I found slightly harder tyres helped as they made is skid and slide rather than tip and tumble.

I went for these. They cut down on the tipping quite a lot but you'll need the 12mm hex's. Braking is still your best bet though.

Screenshot_20200930-112120_Samsung Internet.jpg

Typhon 3S a arms!
JK

Would a softer suspension not help?
But seriously. Getting typhon arms and links would make it ridiculously wider. You would probably have to cut the body to make clearance but I dunno.

Prolly a hundo in parts.

Did that on a granite which I think are already wider than a Senton because of barrel rolls. Works awesome.

Last edited:
Typhon 3S a arms!
JK

Would a softer suspension not help?
But seriously. Getting typhon arms and links would make it ridiculously wider. You would probably have to cut the body to make clearance but I dunno.

Prolly a hundo in parts.

Did that on a granite which I think are already wider than a Senton because of barrel rolls. Works awesome.
Here is senton with typhon arms,no problems with clearance, helped rolling ALOT.whole lot wider than my stock senton 6s

20200722_194626.jpg

20200925_181037.jpg

Removing shock preload clips will let the truck sit lower (lower ride height) which would help. Stiffer shock oil would help a little. Does the BLX version come with stiffer springs? That would also help.

The 3s version does indeed come with stiffer springs, the softer mega springs are fine for the slower speed of the brushed motor, but if you moved to brushless i would advice moving to the BLX springs.

Also as aothers said, lower the body posts to the lower position and remove the shock preload (only the 3mm in the front and none at the back is the stock setting i believe)

Here is senton with typhon arms,no problems with clearance, helped rolling ALOT.whole lot wider than my stock senton 6s

View attachment 102508

View attachment 102509
Looks like you have smaller outer diameter wheels though? You think that makes a difference also? Lower ride height?

I think a wider stance is the best thing for it. I wonder if he went MT tires and typhon arms would be awesome.

Anyways. Just from our experience the granite with typhon arms and MT tires is mint. It still does endos and we might stretch it with a typhon chassis but the thing is bullet proof. It takes soooo much abuse.

Looks like you have smaller outer diameter wheels though? You think that makes a difference also? Lower ride height?

I think a wider stance is the best thing for it. I wonder if he went MT tires and typhon arms would be awesome.

Anyways. Just from our experience the granite with typhon arms and MT tires is mint. It still does endos and we might stretch it with a typhon chassis but the thing is bullet proof. It takes soooo much abuse.
In that pic it was set up for speed running,had small grp speed tires, an lowered.typhon arms an 10mm hr extensions,almost hard to roll on street,pending on tires.my first body was destroyed fast,this one has lasted way longer.don't roll much.stock orange.widened blue.same truck

Screenshot_20200724-214707_Photos.jpg

20200722_194626.jpg

Hey Everyone,

newbie here so really just trying to see if this is normal.

I have a senton v3 mega that I've upgraded to brushless (hobbywing max10) with new pinion and the 3s spur & slip.

I find that the senton rolls really easy, like going straight at speed and then trying to make a tight turn seems to be pretty difficult without the thing losing it's wheels and rolling 6+ times.

any upgrades I can do to reduce this a little?
typhon arms where best mod I've done to date on senton,way more enjoyable to drive,and less damage to body.30$ for rpm typhon a-arms,20$ for longer turnbuckles.great 50$ mod.

Screenshot_20200719-022004_Photos.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back