Senton Senton Servo - Stripped Gears - Upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbuse

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I bought a Senton 15 weeks ago. The truck is super fun to drive, but in that time I have stripped the steering servo gears - twice. And I don't drive the truck that often. I get maybe half dozen bashing sessions in before the servo gear fails. The first time I bought the replacement gear set (AR390149) and repaired it. The same gear that stripped the first time stripped again 7 weeks later. Some quick internet searches shows that this is a common issue.

I have a few questions:
  1. Is anyone aware of ARRMA working on a fix to this issue. Perhaps stronger gears?
  2. If ARRMA does not have a fix in the works, I am ready to give up and buy a different servo. Any recommendations for general bashing? Keeping in mind that the Senton ESC has a high voltage 7.4v BEC to drive the servo (I think this is true, maybe someone can confirm), my research has turned up many servo options.
Some recommendations that pop up are:

a) Savox 1271SG (Cost $100 - seems a bit pricey for my needs)

b) Savox 1258TG (Cost $60 - not listed as "high voltage" compatible but may work)

c) Solar D771 (Cost $25 - a bit of an off brand but reviews are good, especially with High Voltage BEC)

The Solar unit is interesting for the price and I am thinking of giving it a try... unless you guys change my mind. So, any servo recommendations?

Thanks!

I just bought a ProTec 150T for my Talion. It would be a bit of an overkill for the SCT, though. Maybe the 130T?

ProTec is an Amain brand. It was recommended to me by local racers, using the 150T and the 170T in their Truggies.

Also, something to think about, if you find the need to make the BLX180 to HW Max8 upgrade, your BEC will drop to 6v. So make sure what ever you pick has enough power and speed for 6v, else you will need a new servo then too...

I just bought a ProTec 150T for my Talion. It would be a bit of an overkill for the SCT, though. Maybe the 130T?

ProTec is an Amain brand. It was recommended to me by local racers, using the 150T and the 170T in their Truggies.

Also, something to think about, if you find the need to make the BLX180 to HW Max8 upgrade, your BEC will drop to 6v. So make sure what ever you pick has enough power and speed for 6v, else you will need a new servo then too...

Thanks for the response Jerry-Rigged. The Protec servos seem to get great reviews so maybe I'll give the 130T a try next time. I have already bought two Solar D771 servos (one for the Senton after the stock servo breaks again and one for my son's slash.) I installed the Solar in the Slash and it seems good so far.

Also, I did measure the Senton's BEC output to the servo and verified that it is "high voltage" 7.4V.

Regarding the ESC, is the consensus that the Hobbywing Max8 is the best option for the senton? I heard people also like the Castle Mamba Monster?

Last edited:
Was searching for a new servo since I stripped my stock servo today, and wanted to make a correction just for the record, I have a max8 and at this point would recommend one. It does have high voltage option. With the program card, you can choose either 6v or 7.4v. It is very easy to program with the included card. You simply unplug the fan from the top of the esc, plug in the card, and it's a few clicks away from there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back