Senton Senton shock upgrades

Currently reading:
Senton Senton shock upgrades

Burnyjax

Reaction score
Morning folks. Have a new senton v3 and I'd like to upgrade the shocks. Suggestions would be much appreciated. Please no cheap crap, I want solid good shocks like pro lines.
Have a great day!
B

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Talion
Yes 3S I got the rig when it was released back a few years. It's been great only broke a few parts from bashing. Shocks just leak a lot.
I had the same issue with both my Plastic Sentons. I used eBay big bore shocks and went a little heavier on the shock oil than stock. Also used the stock linear springs and ditched the progressive ones.

SrC

RC is a lifestyle choice
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
Tekno shocks. FTW
If you got the coin for sure. Maybe overkill for a 3s. But a good choice.
JennysRC has Typhon 6s shocks for cheap.
I think PL makes crap for shocks. And they don't offer piston selections. Just springs sets. And very $expensive$ no less.
They just look sweet. That's about it. IMHO.
PL is only good for bodies and wheels and tires.

Wade Wilson

Reaction score
Yea, lotso coins needed:) ...aaand you gotta go with the aluminum collars. However, in the long run, from my experience, these are the best 1/10-1/8 scale shock. They don’t leak, shock pressures are consistent side to side, spring rate options are ridiculous, the I rings and internals are way beefier than most, all the delrin goodies available are sick, and they are probably the last shock you would buy. I wish they made a super shorty body for road racing...

I agree 100% about pro-line. Bodies and tyres. The X-Maxx dual rate bottom springs are legit, the LF tops are turds, other than that, I’d avoid pro-line shocks at all costs.

SrC

RC is a lifestyle choice
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
^^^ I know, I have an MT410. 👍 Upgraded to all Delrin etc.👍 Alloy caps etc.
Tekno is in a different realm.

jtsimaras

Reaction score
I had the same issue with both my Plastic Sentons. I used eBay big bore shocks and went a little heavier on the shock oil than stock. Also used the stock linear springs and ditched the progressive ones.
Oh awesome would you have a link to them by chance? Thanks