Senton Senton spur and pinion dilemma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homer1959

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Ok my sons Senton was chewing spur and pinion at the speed of light , so he finnaly decided to go velcro when he discovered your amazing site, ok that problem of dirt ingestion is fixed.

Here is the problem , he went to his LHS to buy a spur 57T like the original but steel. The guys sold him a 14T steel pinion . So he realised that on his motor mount his choice are 13 or 15 , no 14 hole ... so he mounted the pinion on the 13 ... then tried is truck .... mesh was kind of tight since the truck was not free wheeling at all , as soon he released the throttle as soon the truck stopped . instead of ruining his new and expensive gearing he decided to stop and wait for tuesday in the meantime he sent me this picture
If you look at the picture he sent me the pinion teeth seems a bit big and seems like binding when engaging what do you think
in the meantime would it be a good idea to slightly open the 13 mounting hole a bit to allow a bit of play allowing the pinion to back off a bit ?

Finnaly is the motor mount the same on the Granite blx 4x4 V3 , I haven't opened mine yet but I think arrma changed for a slotted mount giving more latitude for pinion adjustment am I right ?

Anyway he is getting tired of his senton, he spent a good chunk of money on susp, upgrade , esc fan , numerous spur and pinion, tires esc etc etc every outing something break , often by his fault I think lol ... but he hit a wall this afternoon almost ready to throw everything in the garbage but the upgraded part and to start with a Granite like his dad LOL

What you take on this situation ? we open the hole or not ? or we wait to get the right pinion 13 or 15
196474325_506834827192208_2910030996622356723_n.jpg

That pinion looks like a mod 1 pitch.. did the package say what it was? The 3s line requires mod .8.. that would be a big mesh issue..

The v3 does indeed have a slotted mount.. to allow more pinion choices.. but yes you can slot the existing mount to get some motor movement.. but in this case I don't think that will help if that's a mod 1 pinion.. at that point I would suggest just grabbing a 15t mod .8

That pinion looks like a mod 1 pitch.. did the package say what it was? The 3s line requires mod .8.. that would be a big mesh issue..

The v3 does indeed have a slotted mount.. to allow more pinion choices.. but yes you can slot the existing mount to get some motor movement.. but in this case I don't think that will help if that's a mod 1 pinion.. at that point I would suggest just grabbing a 15t mod .8
ok great this mod thing is all new to us ... ill pass the info to him Thanks !!!!
ok great this mod thing is all new to us ... ill pass the info to him Thanks !!!!
btw the spur is ok, we can keep it as is ?

btw the spur is ok, we can keep it as is ?

Yes, if the spur is good that is fine ... Did you say that the metal spur is new as well?

yes brand new , used 100 feet max with that wrong pinion he said not enough to make any damage

Ok the only reason I asked is because if the spur was alone, (not an assembled slipper assembly) the steel 4s spur requires the use of one extra slipper pad in the assembly..

But since you say it moved I would assume you either already knew about the extra pad or you purchased a complete assembly..👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back