Senton Senton Summer Tracker rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
Grabbed this off eBay for ~$180 to my door. Motor is fried, grub screw is stripped on the pinion gear, the rear shocks are toast, and it needs front bumper as well as some new rear tires.

Body is in good shape and everything else I’ve managed to get into seems mechanically sound.

Plan on repurposing the motor, shocks, and other 3s bits from my BRCC to get this into running condition.

Fought with the pinion grub for a while yesterday and ended up just ordering a new one from Jenny’s.

This will be my indoor summer runner since it gets so damn hot. I’ll use the time to finish getting 100% though the Kraton and BRCC so they’re in top shape when the heat breaks.

Looking forward to bringing this truck back to life.

1FB27943-60E0-455D-9A7F-BCC69E502810.jpeg

BDA91440-2B08-439D-9F56-08EB421577D5.jpeg

9F70FF5F-CC75-445D-A22E-D2B9DBFFBDDF.jpeg

Nothing earth shattering, but got the new pinion in place and waiting for the blue to setup.

Shocks have been replaced. Old set will get rebuilt. Would like to upgrade but need to ensure I stay within the weight limit. The basher in me wants to throw on a set of Mojave 6s shocks lol.

2A5E15CE-3AE2-46C5-A48A-92CF9828159F.jpeg

New set of dBoots Fortress should be here soon to replace the beat down set.

3FF84518-57A4-4687-AB19-6183FD0937F7.jpeg

No two RCs or tracks are the same. Practice makes perfect. There's always the guy who knows the track inside and out. Knows how to set his car up pefectly to run that track. Don't let that discourage you. Did you have fun? Did you have a smile on your face? That's what matters. Work on the rest next time.

No two RCs or tracks are the same. Practice makes perfect. There's always the guy who knows the track inside and out. Knows how to set his car up pefectly to run that track. Don't let that discourage you. Did you have fun? Did you have a smile on your face? That's what matters. Work on the rest next time.
Fun - check!
Smile - check!
Discouraged - nope!

Definitely need some practice but no plans on getting into serious racing. Regardless, there’s something to be said for running a clean, decently quick lap. Just glad to have found a nice indoor place to enjoy the hobby for the summer.

Fun - check!
Smile - check!
Discouraged - nope!

Definitely need some practice but no plans on getting into serious racing. Regardless, there’s something to be said for running a clean, decently quick lap. Just glad to have found a nice indoor place to enjoy the hobby for the summer.

Glad to hear it. Have fun.

Couldn’t resist the Mojave shock upgrade. Also grabbed a fresh set of tires since the old rears were toast. Gonna try and head back to the track this weekend to see how the shocks do.
0853E2A9-77DA-4655-8B9F-FCCF987FB149.jpeg

371D5B85-3A17-4F94-88B6-083B37B0A9E5.jpeg

I'm having a blast at our brand new outdoor track practicing. We haven't had am organized race yet but can wait. My biggest problem right now with the truck is parachuting over the doubles unless I'm perfect. I've vented the body amount and it's really helped but still. I just lowered the body posts and going to practice again tomorrow and thinking I'm pulling the debris guards out. I'm still on stock shocks but pro lines on the way. I put proline holeshots on but not any better. Going to try blockades next. Cool seeing another senton on track.

I'm having a blast at our brand new outdoor track practicing. We haven't had am organized race yet but can wait. My biggest problem right now with the truck is parachuting over the doubles unless I'm perfect. I've vented the body amount and it's really helped but still. I just lowered the body posts and going to practice again tomorrow and thinking I'm pulling the debris guards out. I'm still on stock shocks but pro lines on the way. I put proline holeshots on but not any better. Going to try blockades next. Cool seeing another senton on track.
Such a timely post. I could tell mine was parachuting last weekend and vented the body today. Didn’t do any reading on it…just kinda guessed on size and placement. Gut tells me I’ll need more but didn’t want to weaken the body. Better to start small and see how it goes. I also lowered the body posts today lol. Planning to head back tomorrow for more practice.

I’ve been eyeing a set of Prolines. Our track is hard pack clay, and gets misted intermittently. Wondering how they’d work for me on that surface. The Fortress did ok last weekend but most guys were running pins or a web tread.

DB1C5507-3C0E-488A-ABCD-8D15F529F35F.jpeg

324701EA-1E84-4622-9147-DF3B69327264.jpeg

All of this and I’m not even wanting to get into serious racing. I’d be in trouble if the race bug bit me!

Last edited:
Front bumper fixed….we’ll see how many times I nose it in before this breaks lol. Grabbing a Granite bumper if this one doesn’t hold up.

Was only nosing in because the rear end had way too much rebound coming off the triple. Hopefully the Mojave shocks help with the issue.

….and there was one lap where I had the angle all bad on the double. Jumped straight into one of the building support poles
🤦🏼
🤦🏼

3560826E-14B1-460C-B819-8B97002F0681.jpeg

I took it further in the rear opening up all the louvers and only opened the rear of the hood scoop in the back. I don't want any more air going in under the hood so I left the front alone and lowered the body posts max so the body is right on the bumpers now.

20230323_170213.jpg

20230323_170220.jpg

Granite bumper it is. Shell is taking a beating too. Will be replacing, just have to decide which one I want to go with.

Time to learn the art of tire gluing as well.

D9BF9DD8-D2FE-4103-9C5B-258DF951E3AF.jpeg

F1851BCD-141B-4784-9858-F7C90C773B18.jpeg

Lol my body is looking much the same after my track day today. The venting realy did the trick. I got another one off jrc I've been holding off on using till I get more consistent. I bought a set of pro line beadlock rims to avoid gluing for now. Talking to a couple locals today proline blockades are what's working right now at our track. I dropped down 1 more pinion today and it really helped.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back