Senton Senton throttle not working except when puched

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I roll the rc on the ground while holding the throttle the motor will accelerate, but when stationary the motor will not budge.

You also might want to post a video of the sound that it’s making. Take your video, post it to YouTube and then copy and paste the link here.

When I roll the rc on the ground while holding the throttle the motor will accelerate, but when stationary the motor will not budge.
new? old? changed anything?

You also might want to post a video of the sound that it’s making. Take your video, post it to YouTube and then copy and paste the link here.
I'm doing everything to hold my laugh. STOP IT!

Last edited:
Completely stock and less than 2 runs, battery is fully charges tested 2 out to make sure it wasn't battery. Not really making a sound other than gears turing and motor accelerating.

Completely stock and less than 2 runs, battery is fully charges tested 2 out to make sure it wasn't battery. Not really making a sound other than gears turing and motor accelerating.
Sounds like a stripped gear.
If it moves but needs a push to help it along it may have broken teeth.
...or a loose pinion

Last edited:
How come the motor doesn't rotate when I don't push it then?
Back to a possible loose pinion like he mentioned. Time to learn how to pull it apart and check things.

Oh, does it make a whining noise or a loud wizzzzzing noise? If so then yeah, definitely check your pinion first.

Could also be a stripped spur gear but think more likely it’s a loose pinion.

The Power Module needs to be removed. The motor may be trashed/ dirty.. Cheap Brushed motors can be finicky.
Have you gotten the rig wet and muddy??
Seems you have very little use on this rig??? :unsure:
Need to remove the PM and look closely at the gear mesh. Clean it out. Spray the motor out with Electrical Contact specific spray. ( automotive stores have this)
Only way is by start wrenching on it. Show us what you have there. Pix or vid help us to help you. If tapping the motor made it work all of a sudden, yes there still may be an issue to sort out. Will probably happen again.

surprised hammer GIF

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back