Senton tire recommendations, please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon NC RC

Keep it fun......SEND IT
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
Hey Senton 3S BLX v3 owners..... was just going to get a replacement tire to replace the one that shredded today on the wife....but the reviews are horrendous for them (the stock dBoot SC)

Any suggestions for something _- better -_ ???

Thanx to all

You will get 10 different recommendations from 10 different people. I’m happy with these proline gladiators for the terrain I drive.
1624824238720.jpeg

1624824424645.jpeg

Last edited:
You will get 10 different recommendations from 10 different people. I’m happy with these proline gladiators for the terrain I drive.View attachment 154631
View attachment 154632
That is true.... thanx Cheez ..... we usually are on dirt/rock with some tree roots or grass..... or a combination of all those. traction is not the highest priority as far as racing on a course, etc...... appreciate all input.....

Switching to 17mm hexes will open tons of options especially for buggy wheels/tires. Staying 14mm look into duratrax. Lots of folks like the lockups. If it means anything I have had great luck with the stock wheels/tires. Seems the main thing is not letting them free spin at full throttle.

Switching to 17mm hexes will open tons of options especially for buggy wheels/tires. Staying 14mm look into duratrax. Lots of folks like the lockups. If it means anything I have had great luck with the stock wheels/tires. Seems the main thing is not letting them free spin at full throttle.
Thank you, sir.... open to options.....

Or the 12mm hex option too. I’ve been testing some Duratrax Lockups and an on-road set as well. So far so good with the 12mm hexes.

I know this is an aging thread, but if you still need recommendations, I highly recommend Powerhobby Raptors and Defenders. They're belted and fit great on the Senton, and they last quite a while. You'll need to convert to 17mm hexes. These are Raptors, and have been through a dozen or so thrashes on dirt and loose gravel with no significantly visible wear.

20211201_141201.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back