Senton Senton to Granite..!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
So this is a brief rundown of my Senton that has transformed into a Granite..?

I broke a wheel and tire the other week and decided to do a swap of sorts, I had been storing parts up courtesy of Jenny's. ( as we all do..??? )
Thought I'd post a few pics of bits n' bobs I've done to it to help others out, so here goes...

First couple of pics show my mod to the open hole in the gear case, I used aluminium tape on the inside to keep the debris etc out..

Next I put some sticky backed velcro in the battery tray just using the soft side, also some mesh tubing on the cables to tidy them up a bit..

The next was to the new body, I read on here somewhere that the shock towers can punch through the rear of the body on bad landings, my Senton body has such holes to prove it..!!
So I cut some 0.80mm Lexan sheet and using double sided tape stuck it inside.. The whole body is lined with aluminium tape..

Other mods so far are the HR motor mount, 18T pinion, Badland 2.8's, HR 6mm - 17mm hub extenders with duratrax 12mm hex's, Senton front bumper, I've got some Typhon shocks on their way to me from Jenny's (and I just know the UK customs etc is going to screw me over ?? on those).

I've still got the Senton rear bumper, that will go on with a bit of trimming later once I've broken the wheelie bar...???

Last pic is after its first light bash, and its still in one piece so far..!!

So that's how it sits at the moment...??

Attachments

• IMG_1926.jpg
    IMG_1926.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1930.jpg
    IMG_1930.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1927.jpg
    IMG_1927.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1932.jpg
    IMG_1932.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1936.jpeg
    IMG_1936.jpeg
    326.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1937.jpg
    IMG_1937.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1939.jpeg
    IMG_1939.jpeg
    371.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1940.jpg
    IMG_1940.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1944.jpg
    IMG_1944.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1948.jpg
    IMG_1948.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Yeah, my bad I just checked my Senton chassis they are different..?

Maybe the Big Rock might work...

Forgot to say, also fitted rubber shielded bearings all round including in the steering.. Wow its so much better..???

Must have upgrade..!!

So this is a brief rundown of my Senton that has transformed into a Granite..?

I broke a wheel and tire the other week and decided to do a swap of sorts, I had been storing parts up courtesy of Jenny's. ( as we all do..??? )
Thought I'd post a few pics of bits n' bobs I've done to it to help others out, so here goes...

First couple of pics show my mod to the open hole in the gear case, I used aluminium tape on the inside to keep the debris etc out..

Next I put some sticky backed velcro in the battery tray just using the soft side, also some mesh tubing on the cables to tidy them up a bit..

The next was to the new body, I read on here somewhere that the shock towers can punch through the rear of the body on bad landings, my Senton body has such holes to prove it..!!
So I cut some 0.80mm Lexan sheet and using double sided tape stuck it inside.. The whole body is lined with aluminium tape..

Other mods so far are the HR motor mount, 18T pinion, Badland 2.8's, HR 6mm - 17mm hub extenders with duratrax 12mm hex's, Senton front bumper, I've got some Typhon shocks on their way to me from Jenny's (and I just know the UK customs etc is going to screw me over ?? on those).

I've still got the Senton rear bumper, that will go on with a bit of trimming later once I've broken the wheelie bar...???

Last pic is after its first light bash, and its still in one piece so far..!!

So that's how it sits at the moment...??

i cant believe you haven't broke that front bumper yet...

the granite is short wheel base. the big rock is same as senton from what i have been told...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back