Senton Senton track outing. Awful driving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZW99GT

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I went with a buddy to a local track today. I could not have been less prepared for this. Hard packed dirt, long wear 1/8 buggy tires, included high speed pinion, 6s.

I've had this thing for less than 2 weeks and never even laid eyes on an rc track. This thing did so so well. Stiffer shocks and buggy tires are the only upgrades. It jumped perfectly, was very easy to control in the air, it just had too much power to control on the rest of the track. Couldn't really figure out what type of speed to carry into a jump. I don't own a 2 or 4s battery, but I'm looking into that soon.

I didn't know I was being filmed at this point, earlier in the session I went for all the big jumps and some went very well and some went just awful. It is the 8th wonder of the world that I did not break this truck with some of the things it went through. Incredible.

Can't wait to try some super soft buggy tires, smaller pinion. Will keep you guys updated.

....It jumped perfectly, was very easy to control in the air, it just had too much power to control on the rest of the track. Couldn't really figure out what type of speed to carry into a jump. I don't own a 2 or 4s battery, but I'm looking into that soon...

That is the big difference between bashing and racing :cool:

Bashing: you cannot have enough power:p
Racing: the level of total control is the key;)

Indeed 4S (which is normally also the limit for 1/8 scale off-road racing) is the way to go here.

Also my 1/10 scale on a track (Mojave/Fury with upgrades) does well on 2S, but 3S makes it hard to drive.

I run my Senton on 6S at the track occasionally for fun. It turns out, you don't have to squeeze the throttle trigger 100% at all times. It's continuously variable, not binary. ;) I think 6S is just enough power to turn heads going down the straights.

Nice Track!

As you noticed, 6s has no place on a track. 6s is for "I wanna break stuff" style bashing... :p

Get some 4s packs for the track, and work on smoooooth throttle control. Even with my Talion, stock motor, 4s, 15t pinion, I almost never go WOT - I bet most of my acceleration is at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle. WOT is only for the front straight, with HARD breaking before the first corner....

Racers have a saying - "Slower is Faster". I think you got a taste of that truth. :)

Jerry

Yup,'Slow is Fast',is a very true statement as far as racing is concerned. If you can make 5 or 6 clean laps without 'binning it',the chances are that you'll end up finishing with more laps under your belt than the person who 'mashes' the throttle at every opportunity. If you don't know or are unsure of a track,take it easy for the first race or two and get a feel for the track before trying anything 'silly'.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back