Senton Senton -> Typhon conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yonic

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Voltage
Finally managed to get hold of all the parts to convert my Senton to a Typhon.
I didnt time it, but i assume it takes less than 10 minutes to change between the two.

P1030572-2.jpg

And where did you find the Typhon control arms, etc. etc. I've been looking for some spare parts for my new 3S Typhon, but a lot are unavailable.

he's referring to Jennys Rc https://jennysrc.com/ They tear down brand new kits and sell of the parts. You get brand new parts in clear baggies, for a fraction of the cost.

Thanks for the links. Checked it out, good prices! No arms as of today.
Check back every day, all day if you can. They come and go quick, especially with the new found popularity of the brand. On a different note, anyone ever tell you that you really look a lot like Uncle Jesse? Hey, wait a sec, you are Uncle Jesse!
1548815940675.png

Ha! I'm finding this to be a very nice forum. Very helpful people, and so far, no no-it-alls, that chastize new-bees like myself. And I think you just made up my mind, to let my bread grow back. Uncle Jessie was my favorite. Been pretty cold down here in SW Florida lately. OK, I know, I know, but we ain't used to this chit!

Ha! I'm finding this to be a very nice forum. Very helpful people, and so far, no no-it-alls, that chastize new-bees like myself. And I think you just made up my mind, to let my bread grow back. Uncle Jessie was my favorite. Been pretty cold down here in SW Florida lately. OK, I know, I know, but we ain't used to this chit!
I've been on a lot of forums and it doesn't get any better than this. The people here are great.

This is just from the past weekend through last night. Got a spare room for the next two months?

Attachments

• 20190129_222658.jpg
    20190129_222658.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 96
Stop telling everyone. I have been trying to get those arms for weeks. :ROFLMAO:
Don't worry, it'll be between you, Cooter and me, and remember, I don't have a 3s yet. Ssshhhh

Finally managed to get hold of all the parts to convert my Senton to a Typhon.
I didnt time it, but i assume it takes less than 10 minutes to change between the two.

View attachment 28384
If I only wanted to do the a arms on my Senton to give it better stability as I already have the Typhon hexes and axles on it, would the a arms be the only part I’d need to get? Do you need different slide pins or anything?

would the a arms be the only part I’d need to get? Do you need different slide pins or anything?
You don't need different pins. The thing you need is the longer links of the Typhon.
(Note that there is an error on JRC's site, the links and the a-arms are the same item (you can see the description is the same, so you cannot really order the links from the site, to get them you need to order it from their ebay store)

BTW, consider that with the longer a-arms, the wheels will not fit under the Senton body.

You don't need different pins. The thing you need is the longer links of the Typhon.
(Note that there is an error on JRC's site, the links and the a-arms are the same item (you can see the description is the same, so you cannot really order the links from the site, to get them you need to order it from their ebay store)

BTW, consider that with the longer a-arms, the wheels will not fit under the Senton body.
Awesome! Thank you for the info. Yeah I thought about the body but figured I can find something that will work with it.

@cootertwo when these guys say check everyday, multiple times and day they aren’t kidding....unfortunately you have to be obsessive about it BUT the cost savings makes it worth it lol. I want the Typhon arms to put on my Granite too so it looks like all of us will be scrounging lol.

I just found some Hoboa shocks for my Granite on there too. That’s another thing, they have multiple manufacturers so you can search though them to find what you need even if it isn’t Arrma. Steering links and rod ends especially.

I'd LOVE to see pics when anyone successfully puts the Typhon arms on the Senton..... pleazzzzzz

@cootertwo when these guys say check everyday, multiple times and day they aren’t kidding....unfortunately you have to be obsessive about it BUT the cost savings makes it worth it lol. I want the Typhon arms to put on my Granite too so it looks like all of us will be scrounging lol.
No kidding. I think I checked my list of kit breakers 2-3 times a day, for two months to get my BLX slipper.

just found some Hoboa shocks for my Granite on there too. That’s another thing, they have multiple manufacturers so you can search though them to find what you need even if it isn’t Arrma. Steering links and rod ends especially.
Let us know how those work out!

No kidding. I think I checked my list of kit breakers 2-3 times a day, for two months to get my BLX slipper.

Let us know how those work out!

I definitely will. I’m anticipating them to be a little stiff since they will be coming off a nitro buggy but that isn’t anything new springs won’t fix.

Yeah, I am in the same boat. Just ordered some v3 Talion shocks for my 6s typhon. Length is about +5mm, and I expect the springs to be way stiff.

Also, the Senton 6s shocks are easy to find. They are 113mm/116mm, so they should work for the 3s trucks too. But they don't come with the rubber boots..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back