Senton Senton -> Typhon conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe these are 109mm front and 125mm rear. One thing I didn’t notice before ordered was that the caps are aluminum but the eyelet is plastic. If it becomes and issue I may put Arrma V2 caps on them since they are 17mm....just gotta see if the threads are the same. I would imagine the V2 Typhon springs should work too?

This is just from the past weekend through last night. Got a spare room for the next two months?
It was 64* here today, friggin heat wave I tell ya.

So how much longer are the typhon a arms compared to the BRCC ? I managed to snag the longer links for the typhon on jennys rc on ebay and already am running the hot racing 17mm +10 off set hexs.. gonne be checking their site religiously to find these a arms

Finally managed to get hold of all the parts to convert my Senton to a Typhon.
I didnt time it, but i assume it takes less than 10 minutes to change between the two.

View attachment 28384

Well that's a lot quicker than it took me to convert my Senton into a Granite..???

Do you have any pic's with it setup as a Typhon but with the Senton body on..??

Interested to see where the wheels sit and how much wider it is..??

Hi!

Can you tell what the differnece is between the Senton and Typhon A-Arms? How much longer are they? Or do they use a different "angle"? (Does one move the tires forward or backwards compared to the other one?)

Also thinking about to do this conversion, but not sure how big the differnece will be between just using different tires or also swapping out the A-Arms. The lower mounting point of the dampers/shocks dous move inwards, thats at least what I understnad from the pictures, or not?

Thanks!

It will make your width 13mm (I think) wider on each side. Which of course won’t fit inside the stock body so you’d want to change bodies with that.
The arms are the same angle, so wheelbase will stay almost the same. Shocks are mounted on the same spot between them so the angle is the same only you get more and softer travel due to the increased leverage.

putting wider hexes or offset wheelscan give you the same width but not the extended suspension travel.

Thanks for the reply, according to the numbers on the arrma-rc webpage the typhoon is "just" 8mm wider in total, so 4mm for each side (width front vs rear for both cars identical: senton: 298mm f&r, typhon: 306mm f&r), which does not sound a lot, but as you mentioned: length a-arms leverage and so on: I don't know the offset/backspace for each wheels ... all of that could affect handling quit a lot, otherwise I could just mount 17mm hexes and buggy wheels&tires and hope for a similar stability/feeling/driving expierience.

indeed the short course wheels have less offset (the hex is almost in the middle of the wheel), while buggy wheels the hex is on the outside, so that balances the width. but yeah, a-arm length is what effect the handling.

Hi @Yonic, I'm interested in going down this path with my Senton as well - do you have a parts or guide you used or just figured it out from the exploded diagrams? I'm guessing its: Shell, wing, wing mount, body mounts, wheels, arms? How much do you reckon it cost all in. Need to figure out whether it's worth doing it or just flipping what I have and buying a Typhon instead!

Hi there!!!

Does anybody know: what are the longest (~widest) A-arms which fit the Arrma 3s Platform?

Reason for my question: i want to modify my senton even further, i still want to use the 17mm Hex Buggy wheels and tires, but i would Like to widen the track as much as possible (with parts that fit plug-and-play) and i am not sure If the big Rock Crew cab or typhon or the Granite have her longest A-arms. I could only find the Overall width of each of those Cars, but the wheels all have different backspacing/Offset, so that does not realy Work as comparison ... And i don't want to Order all possible a-Arms, Just to throw away Most of them ....

Thank you in advance!!!!
Have a nice one!!!!
Or maybe even the 4s A-arms (Keaton 4s, outcast 4s) will fit? Do they have longer A-arms?

Again: thank you in advance!!!

Last edited:
The 3s platform has 2 a-arm width available, the Senton/Granite/old-bigrock uses the short version, and the Typhon/v3-Bigrock uses the longer version.

So you can use the Typhon (or new big rock) a-arms, don't forget you'll need the matching links as well

The 3s platform has 2 a-arm width available, the Senton/Granite/old-bigrock uses the short version, and the Typhon/v3-Bigrock uses the longer version.

So you can use the Typhon (or new big rock) a-arms, don't forget you'll need the matching links as well
Well technically the 4s a arms are the longest, but you also need the 4s driveshafts, 4s turnbuckles, 4s camber links, 4s axle carriers, 4s c hubs, 4s wheel hexes and wheel nuts.

Thank you very much for replying!!!!!

Maybe i am asking to much now, but: do you - by any Chance - know how much longer the A-arms of the 4s Cars are? Compared to the longer 3s (typhon) A-arms.
Depending in how much longer they are i might consider the 4s Arms, but as you mentioned: a lot of parts have to be changed ... maybe even Schocks and/or springs. But maybe at this point it would best to buy a complete 4s Car

Thanx a lot!!!!

I'd LOVE to see pics when anyone successfully puts the Typhon arms on the Senton..... pleazzzzzz
077237EF-0E9E-44B2-AFB3-B4E20E99D9E1.jpeg

Tadaa
I want to go the other way! Be interested in selling the old Senton parts?
What parts do you need?
ABEB94EB-51F6-49A7-A067-88AB8579B938.jpeg

She also has +5mm m2c hubs

Thanks for the reply, according to the numbers on the arrma-rc webpage the typhoon is "just" 8mm wider in total, so 4mm for each side (width front vs rear for both cars identical: senton: 298mm f&r, typhon: 306mm f&r), which does not sound a lot, but as you mentioned: length a-arms leverage and so on: I don't know the offset/backspace for each wheels ... all of that could affect handling quit a lot, otherwise I could just mount 17mm hexes and buggy wheels&tires and hope for a similar stability/feeling/driving expierience.

How bad the the tires rub on the body? I like the look

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back