Senton Senton v2 battery terminals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kobalt78

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. Granite
  3. Senton 6s
The xt90's are a pain because they are not that common. But I don't want to lose current or fry a battery with smaller wire. Any suggestions?

I was in the same predicament. I went started ordering my batteries with the XT90 plugs already on them. For my other two packs that have a Deans plug, i have a Deans to XT90 adapter i use for now. After that im going to solder some XT90 plugs onto those packs.

image.jpeg
Buy or build adapters. You may lose some performance but lots of people do it even on the Nero and that's a power hogging beast.
I made up my own,but only when using two batterys.With a single battery a xt60 is weak( current handling).

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I made up my own,but only when using two batterys.With a single battery a xt60 is weak( current handling).
I also made another adapter to run my Caslte bec to run my new Bls42a servo.

None of the hobby shops around me carry female xt90's. I soldered the (2) females to leads with 4mm bullets which works for now and seems the most versatile with my batteries that have female bullets. The ec5 connectors are the closest as far as staying with 10gauge wire. I'm either going to order more female xt90's or make a couple more adapters since no one makes female xt90 to 4mm bullets.

I was in the same predicament. I went started ordering my batteries with the XT90 plugs already on them. For my other two packs that have a Deans plug, i have a Deans to XT90 adapter i use for now. After that im going to solder some XT90 plugs onto those packs.
There aren't many packs out there that have xt90's on them. My local hobby shop had (2) but they were expensive.

I guess soldering is a dying art...

But calling soldering an art is kind of like saying hammering nails is an art. They both take about the same amount of skill. I say this as someone who "hammers like lightning" i.e. I never hit the same place twice. :)

without being over technical, how does more current equates to better performance?

Current is what makes the truck go! :)
It's debatable if xt150s are needed, but generally a larger connector means less resistance, which means less energy is converted to heat.
More juice comes through, less is wasted along the way.

It's debatable if xt150s are needed, but generally a larger connector means less resistance, which means less energy is converted to heat.
This is why on 1/10 race cars everything is directly connected to the esc with as little wire as possible. Every connection adds resistance and the wire itself even adds resistance to the circuit as well. The more resistance that you can get rid of the more efficient the power system will be.
22 DC Main.jpg

without being over technical, how does more current equates to better performance?

More can be better, but sometimes enough really is enough. And XT90 plugs are enough for a normal 1/8 power system.

I really need to quit being an idiot and change from TRX to xt90's or 150's. I think 90's are large enough as I don't intend on ever getting into 1/5th scale, or an Xmaxx. Just don't want to spend the $50+ on connectors (I need like 30 for all my packs, trucks, chargers) and a few hours worth of soldering to do it.

Maybe I'll do it this winter... I think I said that last summer. lol

I really need to quit being an idiot and change from TRX to xt90's or 150's. I think 90's are large enough as I don't intend on ever getting into 1/5th scale, or an Xmaxx. Just don't want to spend the $50+ on connectors (I need like 30 for all my packs, trucks, chargers) and a few hours worth of soldering to do it.

Maybe I'll do it this winter... I think I said that last summer. lol
After I converted my rcs all over to XT connectors, I found black XT connectors and was like son of ****** I want black ones but don't want to have to swap them all out again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back