Senton V2 electronics not working right out of the box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

builthatch

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I ordered an Arrma Senton at the end of May from A-Main and received it last Friday as it was on backorder the entire time.

I have been using RCs since 1988. This is my second RTR. The rest of my life in RC has been kits. Countless kits for ~30 years.

I opened the box, removed the body and installed a fully charged 3S battery that I run in another vehicle, thinking 3S would be a good lower power choice to get a feel for the truck as it’s listed as the minimum for the BLX185 ESC. I put batteries in the Tx and turned it on. I turned the truck on and programmed the ESC. I turned the steering wheel back and forth on the Tx and the steering servo worked for a second and then it started to slowly, rhythmically hesitate and pulse when returning back to center, with the light on the ESC blinking red during this hesitation. Throttle would turn the wheels with the slightest touch of the throttle and then nothing. No reverse, no forward, nothing.

I have tried everything - resetting the ESC, re-binding the Tx, running different batteries in both the truck and the Tx, reseating plugs - Same exact behavior.

I then tried 6S (via two 3S packs) to see if that mattered, and the steering doesn’t hesitate in the same exact fashion or as bad but the throttle acts the same – intermittent initial throttle with slightest Tx throttle application but that’s it. The red light flashes when this happens. If I turn the throttle trim knob, the wheels spin more than they ever would with throttle trigger application. Another thing I noticed is on 6S, one of the plugs gets VERY warm with (obviously) minimal activity. Switching battery position with the plugs does nothing. That plug gets hot for what seems like no reason.

Last attempt to salvage this truck involved running a different receiver with a known good radio. Same behavior – pulsing, slow servo hesitation when returning to center and no throttle on 3S and better steering but same no-throttle condition on 6S.

I've spent 1.5 hours trying to figure this out and there is nothing to figure out. It doesn't work properly and I literally just opened the box. I am a bit shocked and disappointed.

I'm pretty frustrated because 1. this is an RTR and should not perplex someone who has been in RC for almost 30 years and 2. I have waited a couple months for this to arrive.

I contacted A-Main with a note just so they are aware, and obviously sent a note to Arrma as well.

We shall see what they say.

DSC046310lo.jpg
I ordered an Arrma Senton at the end of May from A-Main and received it last Friday as it was on backorder the entire time.

I have been using RCs since 1988. This is my second RTR. The rest of my life in RC has been kits. Countless kits for ~30 years.

I opened the box, removed the body and installed a fully charged 3S battery that I run in another vehicle, thinking 3S would be a good lower power choice to get a feel for the truck as it’s listed as the minimum for the BLX185 ESC. I put batteries in the Tx and turned it on. I turned the truck on and programmed the ESC. I turned the steering wheel back and forth on the Tx and the steering servo worked for a second and then it started to slowly, rhythmically hesitate and pulse when returning back to center, with the light on the ESC blinking red during this hesitation. Throttle would turn the wheels with the slightest touch of the throttle and then nothing. No reverse, no forward, nothing.

I have tried everything - resetting the ESC, re-binding the Tx, running different batteries in both the truck and the Tx, reseating plugs - Same exact behavior.

I then tried 6S (via two 3S packs) to see if that mattered, and the steering doesn’t hesitate in the same exact fashion or as bad but the throttle acts the same – intermittent initial throttle with slightest Tx throttle application but that’s it. The red light flashes when this happens. If I turn the throttle trim knob, the wheels spin more than they ever would with throttle trigger application. Another thing I noticed is on 6S, one of the plugs gets VERY warm with (obviously) minimal activity. Switching battery position with the plugs does nothing. That plug gets hot for what seems like no reason.

Last attempt to salvage this truck involved running a different receiver with a known good radio. Same behavior – pulsing, slow servo hesitation when returning to center and no throttle on 3S and better steering but same no-throttle condition on 6S.

I've spent 1.5 hours trying to figure this out and there is nothing to figure out. It doesn't work properly and I literally just opened the box. I am a bit shocked and disappointed.

I'm pretty frustrated because 1. this is an RTR and should not perplex someone who has been in RC for almost 30 years and 2. I have waited a couple months for this to arrive.

I contacted A-Main with a note just so they are aware, and obviously sent a note to Arrma as well.

We shall see what they say.

update: i took all electronics out to ship to Arrma but decided to bench test everything first, while it as all out...not sure why, but something told me to try it.

out of the truck, it all works completely fine. there is something happening due to the installation that is causing a break in a circuit or something.i'm thinking stress on power/motor wire and a bad solder joint. something.

i also read in the warranty that if there are issues detected before vehicle use, they will replace the entire vehicle. that didn't come up in my call to Arrma. and i haven't heard back from them after sending my info. no biggie i guess...but man i'm curious what is going on with this thing. i would love to crack open the ESC and see!

Last edited:
View attachment 11268

update: i took all electronics out to ship to Arrma but decided to bench test everything first, while it as all out...not sure why, but something told me to try it.

out of the truck, it all works completely fine. there is something happening due to the installation that is causing a break in a circuit or something.i'm thinking stress on power/motor wire and a bad solder joint. something.

i also read in the warranty that if there are issues detected before vehicle use, they will replace the entire vehicle. that didn't come up in my call to Arrma. and i haven't heard back from them after sending my info. no biggie i guess...but man i'm curious what is going on with this thing. i would love to crack open the ESC and see!
Check the wires on the plug from the esc to the receiver. Some.people have said that this wire has gotten pinched during assembly and caused problems like this. Also if one plug gets hot that is an indication of a bad solder joint. You can separate the plug with the protective cover over these joints and check them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back