Senton Senton V3 Mega Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhinoswinton

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Senton 6s
Hi there first time RC owner.
Bought the Senton V3 Mega.......
Upset with myself for not going for the 3s from the get go.
Would like to slowly start upgrading to 3s so any assistance with regards to what needs upgrading would be appreciated.
I will start buying the parts and once I have everything I will upgrade.
As I understand it the V3 is more brushless compatible than the V2 I am so confused as to what needs to be upgraded and what not. Please help. I am in the UK.
Thanks in advance

You will need a brushless motor and esc. Highly recommend getting the 3s slipper clutch(comes with a spur gear), new pinion(to match the pitch on the new spur gear), there is a small coupler for the driveshaft. I think I have all the arrma part numbers, I will look.

You will need a brushless motor and esc. Highly recommend getting the 3s slipper clutch(comes with a spur gear), new pinion(to match the pitch on the new spur gear), there is a small coupler for the driveshaft. I think I have all the arrma part numbers, I will look.
That would be great if you have the part numbers. Appreciate the help.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've been digging through these posts and its hard to tell what is still valid info and what parts are even available. There are quite a few posts here already asking exactly what you are asking. But here is what I gathered are the recommended upgrades when going brushless from a v3 mega 550.

Brushless systems:
3s standard:
Motor: Brushless 3200kv Spektrum Firma ARA4303V3
ESC: Brushless BLX100 ESC Speed Control senton typhon ARA4303V3

Hobbywing:
Senton / typhoon: max 10 combo w/ 3652 motor rated at 3300kv or 4000kv

Granite: max 10 slt combo with 3660 motor rated at 3300kv or 4000kv (granite is heavier and the higher torque on the 3660 series matches well)

V3's state on the box they are brushless ready, so you could throw these in and go, but you are at a higher possibility of components to break. When you start wanting to put in different pinions or to simply reinforce, here are the upgrades you should be looking at.

Essential Durability Upgrades:
#ARA311034
HD 57T SLIPPER SET

#AR310881 SLIPPER SHAFT (paired with above slipper set for a proper fit)

#ARA310999 16T 0.8MOD SAFE-D5 PINION GEAR (or any pinion gear that matches the spur gear from the above slipper set)

Recommended Durability Upgrades:
#AR310878
CENTRE DRIVESHAFT HIGH SPEED SUPPORT SET

#ARA311032 ALUMINUM MOTOR MOUNT SET

#AR310883 MOTOR HEATSINK (may only fit the stock blx motor for the 3s)

Other pinion sizes
#ARA311002 19T 0.8MOD SAFE-D5 PINION GEAR
#ARA311004 21T 0.8MOD SAFE-D5 PINION GEAR
#ARA311010 27T 0.8MOD SAFE-D5 PINION GEAR (couple options on pinion sizes)

Updating post with part numbers to keep this clean.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat as you. I've been digging through these posts and its hard to tell what is still valid info and what parts are even available. There are quite a few posts here already asking exactly what you are asking. But here is what I gathered are the essential upgrades when going brushless from a v3 mega 550.

#AR310878 CENTRE DRIVESHAFT HIGH SPEED SUPPORT SET

#ARA311032 ALUMINUM MOTOR MOUNT SET

I'm realizing these are the only two parts I am "certain" about. (Really only like 80% certain these are the correct part numbers)

I've read that people put in a heavy duty input gear, steel slipper set, and of course a different pinion gear to achieve those faster speeds. I cant figure out part numbers just yet on these. Maybe between the two of us we can figure this out.
Cheers for that. I have also read through a lot of the posts but I don’t want to upgrade something unnecessarily. Arrma also doesn’t give much info on the box..... It just says Brushless ready.

I did not buy the metal motor mount. ( Its on my list of future upgrades) I had the v3 senton which had the slots cut in it for adjusting the mesh. I am also not running a center brace at the moment. I'm waiting on the bearing to come in.

Note I just chose a 27t pinion for my post above, as the stock brushed has a "setting" for it so I figured it wouldn't be overkill. But again would be nice to have someone tell us what they used and recommend pinion sizes

Right now I am running a 15t pinion with stock tires. I am waiting for more pinions to come in so I can try different ones. But I am happy with this set right now.

Right now I am running a 15t pinion with stock tires. I am waiting for more pinions to come in so I can try different ones. But I am happy with this set right now.
what esc and motor u running?

Its an Onyx brushless esc and motor. Horizon hobbies house brand. Have a cheap heat sink and fan. Can't remember the kv on it. It working great so far.

what esc and motor u running?
I know you asked jbest, but I just picked up the hobbywing ezrun max10 esc with the 3652sl motor. One each for my granite and my brothers senton. Not installing until I can figure out the rest of the parts I need though.

i to run the max10 3652 4000kv in my v3 senton on 2s . i run the 3660 3300kv in my granite. the granite really need's a 3660 motor

My LHS was out of stock on the ezrun max 10 when I was buying my stuff.
Same. They only had a single onyx kit and since I needed two I just ordered the combo kits from hobbywing direct.

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/ezrun-max10-combo?variant=27757683857
i to run the max10 3652 4000kv in my v3 senton on 2s . i run the 3660 3300kv in my granite. the granite really need's a 3660 motor
Why does the granite need a different motor as a senton and it have the same motor stock. Both brushless/ brushed?

Hi there first time RC owner.
Bought the Senton V3 Mega.......
Upset with myself for not going for the 3s from the get go.
Would like to slowly start upgrading to 3s so any assistance with regards to what needs upgrading would be appreciated.
I will start buying the parts and once I have everything I will upgrade.
As I understand it the V3 is more brushless compatible than the V2 I am so confused as to what needs to be upgraded and what not. Please help. I am in the UK.
Thanks in advance
Here are the Arrma part numbers I installed.

Ar310881 slipper shaft(short adapter for the new slipper clutch to attach to the driveshaft)

ARA310949 HD 57T slipper set(0.8 mod)

Robinson racing 1715 15T pinion

I am running an Onyx brushless esc and motor. It's a 70amp esc. My heat sink is covering up the kv rating on the motor.

I am running stock Senton Mega tires.

Running on 2s lipos with no issues at this time.

Here are the Arrma part numbers I installed.

Ar310881 slipper shaft(short adapter for the new slipper clutch to attach to the driveshaft)

ARA310949 HD 57T slipper set(0.8 mod)

Robinson racing 1715 15T pinion

I am running an Onyx brushless esc and motor. It's a 70amp esc. My heat sink is covering up the kv rating on the motor.

I am running stock Senton Mega tires.

Running on 2s lipos with no issues at this time.

I wonder what the difference is in the slipper set part number you posted vs the one I found.

ARA311034
&
ARA310949

and is that slipper shaft required when going with the above slipper assemblies? The part looks like what's already on the v3

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back