Outcast Senton vs Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark35

Reaction score
Hello! I am a new member of this forum! I am planning to buy a new RC and ARRMA has become no.1 brand on my radar.
I have done onroad rc before but never off-road. The problem is that I currently live in South Korea and RCs are very pricey due too shipping cost and tax. I originally wanted to get an Xmaxx but once I saw it in person I realized i was too big to bash around here (and too expensive). Currently I definitely want to get an arrma but i cannot decide between outcast and senton. I've read many thread and understand that you can't go wrong with both of them since they are very similar apart from corners, but I can get senton for 100$ cheaper and I was wondering if that 100$ for outcast is actually worth it. I am planning to bash on gravel, low grass(soccer field/park) and pavement (and maybe little snow once a year). I've many videos and sometimes senton looks to be bouncing over terrain due to smaller wheels i guess. Does outcast perform much better because it is also relatively compact? Outcast becomes more expensive since it's box is a little bigger and shipping is pricey.

I would really appreciate advice because arrma isn't very popular here and i have limited sources to ask for a piece of advice.Thanks!

Last edited:
I have both,1 Senton and 2 Outcasts....hands down the Outcast is way more fun to drive and
go bashin' with!
The Senton is more of a track/short course truck...and a very good one.
I've ran my Outcast on ice,snow,grass,pavement,you name it and the Backflip tires hook up way
better than does the stock Senton tires.
There's just more you can do with the Outcast right out of the box in terms jumps,flips,wheelies
and just plain all around good hard bashin',on any type of terrain! IMO
For what you want to use it for,I'd go with the Outcast and I think you'll be very happy!

I have both,1 Senton and 2 Outcasts....hands down the Outcast is way more fun to drive and
go bashin' with!
The Senton is more of a track/short course truck...and a very good one.
I've ran my Outcast on ice,snow,grass,pavement,you name it and the Backflip tires hook up way
better than does the stock Senton tires.
There's just more you can do with the Outcast right out of the box in terms jumps,flips,wheelies
and just plain all around good hard bashin',on any type of terrain! IMO
For what you want to use it for,I'd go with the Outcast and I think you'll be very happy!

Thank you for good information! Are senton stock tires as bad as i hear? because if they are buying new ones will add extra 80-90$ which brings the price on par with outcast (plus outcast has new dirt guards and improved battery tray.
Also do you think i should start with 4s or go straight to 6s. I am experienced with high speeds (on road)and I like driving of road on high speed but i am terrified of outcasts wheeling and flipping.

Here's a few pics of the Senton vs Outcast,it's been my experience that the stock Senton tires work good
on pavement,but are pretty slippery on a hardpack dirt track.
I changed my wheels/tires to Duratrax Lockups (about $60) for the Senton,and got much better traction in dirt/grass.
Regarding batts,I run nothing but 6s in all my Arrma cars....it can get a little squirrely at times,but I like the extra power and longer run times.

Here you can see quite a bit of difference in size between the two cars with Senton being borderline 1/10 scale.
CIMG3810.JPG

The wheels next to the Senton are the stock wheels
CIMG3812.JPG

Going piggy back!
CIMG3813.JPG

Here's a few pics of the Senton vs Outcast,it's been my experience that the stock Senton tires work good
on pavement,but are pretty slippery on a hardpack dirt track.
I changed my wheels/tires to Duratrax Lockups (about $60) for the Senton,and got much better traction in dirt/grass.
Regarding batts,I run nothing but 6s in all my Arrma cars....it can get a little squirrely at times,but I like the extra power and longer run times.

Here you can see quite a bit of difference in size between the two cars with Senton being borderline 1/10 scale.
View attachment 8582
The wheels next to the Senton are the stock wheels
View attachment 8583
Going piggy back!
View attachment 8584

Thank you! I think I will go with outcast once in becomes available again! By the way what batteries are you running in your outcast? And just to throw it out there what do you think of nero non-diff?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back