Senton Senton vs Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crash1414

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
Ok so my son and I have a Senton V3 and a slash ultimate. I have a small Sc track that we basically race around on and have some real sc racing in which we block pass, tbone, push each other etc. course is a mix of grass, concrete and some small jumps. I try to keep everything stock and occasionally we do some light bashing. I have been thinking of getting another Senton but kind of want to try the typhon. Seems the specs are almost the same except for bigger buggy tires and of course the body. My question is how does it drive compared to the Senton? Besides it being open wheeled how do you guys think it would be for racing around our track with the Senton and Slash? Thanks

I've driven the Senton a bit and personally own a typhon 3s, I like the typhon more. Im pretty sure it has wider arms and I feel lit has a lot better stability. I've druven on the tracks at my LHS at like the typhon a lot more. If you want to try something new and like good stability I would go with the Typhon. It's all up to you though, just my two cents.

I've driven the Senton a bit and personally own a typhon 3s, I like the typhon more. Im pretty sure it has wider arms and I feel lit has a lot better stability. I've druven on the tracks at my LHS at like the typhon a lot more. If you want to try something new and like good stability I would go with the Typhon. It's all up to you though, just my two cents.
Thanks for the info. Will definitely take it into consideration

Typhon/Senton handling is surprisingly different.

I attribute it to the much lower CG due to the smaller/lower body, but especially due to the less offset of the wheels.

Senton loves to do slow tight turns and accelerate in a very straight line, it drives "square". Typhon is more "flowy". Senton doesn't like to do sweeps.

I attribute it to the much lower CG due to the smaller/lower body, but especially due to the less offset of the wheels.

Senton loves to do slow tight turns and accelerate in a very straight line, it drives "square". Typhon is more "flowy". Senton doesn't like to do sweeps.
Very well said

I have a Senton and my friend has the Typhon. The Typhon handles and jumps much better but is a lower top speed because it has a 15 tooth pion as opposed to the stock Senton 20 tooth. That said I put a 15 tooth pion for better acceleration on the small loose dirt track I race at. I have my Senton setup to ride low and with the body low and it keeps up with the Typhon but I have to really work at it. When I drive my friends typhon its almost effortless.

Interesting, thanks
I have a Senton and my friend has the Typhon. The Typhon handles and jumps much better but is a lower top speed because it has a 15 tooth pion as opposed to the stock Senton 20 tooth. That said I put a 15 tooth pion for better acceleration on the small loose dirt track I race at. I have my Senton setup to ride low and with the body low and it keeps up with the Typhon but I have to really work at it. When I drive my friends typhon its almost effortless.
Thanks for the good info.
thanks for the good info. Same thing with my sons slash ultimate. Senton had a hard time keeping up. Tire switch and gearing change made all the difference. Now no issues. Only thing I’d like to see is optional sway bars.

I would go typhon simply for the 6mm wheel axles and 17mm hex.

It's the widest and longest 4x4 made by arrma. The wing protects a lot of stuff by absorbing impact.

The only difference really is your preference for or against open wheel design.

I would get a typhon personally and add a front bumper. You need one. The Senton everything is covered by the body.

Typhon is way better IMO but I don't own a Senton and am terrible at racing. But my typhon took lots of damage and a front bumper made a huge difference.

It's the widest and longest 4x4 made by arrma. The wing protects a lot of stuff by absorbing impact.

I would get a typhon personally and add a front bumper. You need one. The Senton everything is covered by the body.

Typhon is way better IMO but I don't own a Senton and am terrible at racing. But my typhon took lots of damage and a front bumper made a huge difference.
Definitely leaning on getting the typhon and I like the front bumper idea

which bumper did use for your Typhon?

I put a granite bumper. It was easy. Heard the outcast bunker fits easy also and it looks wider.

Broke front a arms and steering hubs and shocks . Got a bumper and less breakage for sure. You just need the bumper and the shock absorbing doohickey and maybe a few extra screws.

You need 3mm screws and the rubber shock absorber and the bumper set.

Circled in this photo.

20201224_135018.jpg

Back