Senton Senton weird clicking noise from possibly spur gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi guys !
I’ve owned my senton for about a week now and mid run I noticed a weird clicking noise coming from possibly the spur gear
Any suggestions on what I should do ? I think there is a stone stuck somewhere in the spur gear

Take off the motor module and see whats going on inside
If its the spur gear don't bpther getting a new platic one if you ask me get the metal one from the 4s line and you wont have spur gear issues and upgrade the motor mount to the adjustable one who is billet made if you jump high just to prevent the motor plate from bending
Also sand can destroy plastic spur gears i know that because everytime i went trought sand with my rustler 4x4 that i sold i always had my spur gear die

It’s the mesh of the spur gear most likely. You’ll need to either drill out your exiting plate to allow a looser mesh or buy an adjustable motor mount. I would highly recommend the adjustable BLX version if you can find one. It’s made with better aluminum than the Mega version.

Also, to switch to the 32p steel spur, you will need a 32p pinion too. You didn’t mention if you had the Mega or BLX version, so if you do have the BLX version, you already have a 32p pinion and can simply swap the steel spur in.

Spur gear seems to be fine

Attachments

• 425E5EBB-1395-4325-9A3B-1215B82B179D.jpeg
    425E5EBB-1395-4325-9A3B-1215B82B179D.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 111
With the power module out, spin each rear wheel one at a time while holding the opposite side still. See what happens.

Fixed it guys
It was probably a rock that was stuck somewhere in the spur gear cuz when I assembled the thing back the clicking noise was gone
Great news! Bash on brother.

Hello, I have a brand new Kraton and before bashing for the first time, I have shimmed the diffs and put 100 K in the central diff.
I am really scared by the noise of the spur gear that makes a "clack- clack -clack" and extremely bad when I put throttle on stand. Is this normal sound of the Kraton gear mesh ? Video below will give some idea to your expert ears! Give me your comments. Thx

I think thats normal i might be wrong
Your motor bearing is ok?
sure, the bearing is ok. I have a doubt on the play between pinion and gear. What should it be precisely? the video at the end shows the little play bugt I have no reference if this should be tight.

It is a normal sound. Metal gears can make terrible noises, heavy noise. The most loud cars i have are the HPi.

The play you show at the end of the video is the mesh you should have, so it is normal.

It is a normal sound. Metal gears can make terrible noises, heavy noise. The most loud cars i have are the HPi.

The play you show at the end of the video is the mesh you should have, so it is normal.
i am glad that you confirm this is all normal sound and play. Since I set my mesh after shimming the diff, I was not sure and feared my play was too loose.
so this is really helpful to get your comments and advise, guys. thx,
I have another question regarding the ESC. I have changed the radio for a Futaba F3PV. Does this controller need to be reset by pressing the button for throttle, brakes, neutral, etc?

Thanks again ;)

I confirm, your mesh is good for 1Mod gear. When you put more RPM we can also hear that the sound is clearly more smooth, and from the sound, that you don't have wheels on the car.

Yes, with a new transmitter it is better to do a new ESC/transmitter calibration, it cost nothing to do it.

I confirm, your mesh is good for 1Mod gear. When you put more RPM we can also hear that the sound is clearly more smooth, and from the sound, that you don't have wheels on the car.

Yes, with a new transmitter it is better to do a new ESC/transmitter calibration, it cost nothing to do it.
Will do the calibration. Do you know where I can find an explanation of the calibration process?
Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back