Senton Senton wont steer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hockeymaster76

Reaction score
So I bought an Arrma Senton 4x4 mega 550 for a school project. we had to disassemble it and reassemble it. When we reassembled it the steering started acting up and it wont steer. it use to steer but it barley does now. it did not work after we reassembled it. i ordered a higher power servo any ideas

So I bought an Arrma Senton 4x4 mega 550 for a school project. we had to disassemble it and reassemble it. When we reassembled it the steering started acting up and it wont steer. it use to steer but it barley does now. it did not work after we reassembled it. i ordered a higher power servo any ideas
Video would be great Hockeymaster76. These would be my suspicions:

1. the servo horn has worn out teeth. May have happened when you put it back together during testing.
2. The servo horn is kinda funky on the 3s models make sure you push it all the way in sometimes it requires some force. The screw to hold it in place will help get it to its correct position.

One thing is to verify the servo is actually working so, disconnect it and make sure the gear on top of the servo is actually spinning back and forth.
Edit: I mean remove the servo from the horn or just make sure it can freely spin.

Look inside the horn where the teeth are and verify any irregular ware also.

3. Could be the bellcrank is not connected properly.

Use this assuming its the blx model:

https://www.astramodel.cz/en/eview/ara102668-senton-3s-blx/chassis.html

Last edited:
Try Running that stock servo completely disconnected from the steering linkage. If it does not work properly, you have a defective servo. The stockers are known to fail easily, even right out the box. They are garbage. Common to see this. Always check the servo wiring at the Rx as well. Hopefully your Steering Endpoint settings are correct. Adjusted at the Radio. This will also cause issues. and the factory rarely gets it correct. There are YT videos in regards. Done wrong this can a burn out any otherwise known "Good" servo.
I use AMZ DS3235 35 kg servos on all my 6s rigs. 35 kg of torque and plenty strong for any 4x4 as well. They are only $33.00. If you have the receipt for that rig, warranty the servo. Arrma warranty is good for 2 years. Just that again, the stocker servos are still weak , slow and generally always garbage. But that may be another option. Make sure to use the correct arm/horn Servo saver spline count when swapping out to a new different servo. Some are 23 splined ( stocker Spektrums) while 99% of other servos use 25 spline.
Good luck.:cool:

Last edited:
I need to put the servo back on. i will try to add a vid later. it was working and turning without any thing on. I took off the servo

Ok I see. Then you definitely installed the Horn/ Arm Servo saver, servo and its linkage all WRONG and all is Binded up now. I seen this happen before. A common Newb mistake with these 4x4 platforms. Learn how to correct this. Then Put it behind you and move on.

I did buy the DS3235 I will upload a vid when i get the chance
the DS3235 had not come yet it is comking today
We are competing with it on thursday so I thing any other parts are out of the question

I did buy the DS3235 I will upload a vid when i get the chance
the DS3235 had not come yet it is comking today
We are competing with it on thursday so I thing any other parts are out of the question
Wait! If you ordered the servo from Amazon it is prob. 25tooth horn. Your Senton is 23 tooth. FYI.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help the servo was busted and i replaced it with the red one and made the arm it came with work i will let you know if we win

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back