Senton Sentphon (Senton and Typhon Hybrid) the speed runner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exc3l

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
Hello, Already have a build thread but just posting here!
Senton 3s/6s upgrades/mods:

- DBoot HOONS
-17mm hexes (Typhon)
-26 t- 32 t pinion
- Custom spur
-BLX185 with custom plexiglass mount
-BLX185 combo 6s motor (2050 kV)
- Typhon 6s shocks
-Typhon body
-DUMBO RC controller and receiver
- Brand new v3 plastic chassis (trying to make this a custom long chassis)
-40 wt shock oil
-rpm arms in the rear
-All metal gears in the rear (input gear, Composite diff case, and a metal crown gear)
PLANS:
-Aluminum parts in the front for weight!
If you guys have any suggestions please reply or pm me.
Thanks!

Last edited:
The bashing bumpers are angled in a way to create lift. Once you get beyond 60mph this is a bad thing.
Ideally for a speed car you want to remove bumpers. All of this is assuming by "speed run car" you will continue to try to go faster and faster....

Those tires are just ok, but you may want to look into GRP tires instead for speeds beyond 60mph. Being new to speed running I would highly recommend S1 through S3 compound for extra grip.

The body will limit you significantly. I am not sure how hard it would be to swap to a Typhon body, but that would be a good option that is also very simple yet effective.

The bashing bumpers are angled in a way to create lift. Once you get beyond 60mph this is a bad thing.
Ideally for a speed car you want to remove bumpers. All of this is assuming by "speed run car" you will continue to try to go faster and faster....

Those tires are just ok, but you may want to look into GRP tires instead for speeds beyond 60mph. Being new to speed running I would highly recommend S1 through S3 compound for extra grip.

The body will limit you significantly. I am not sure how hard it would be to swap to a Typhon body, but that would be a good option that is also very simple yet effective.
Yep just going to get a Typhon body. My current body is all cut up and doesn't create much lift at all. These tires are rated up to 100mph and mine are vented!

I was unable to get my senton body above 66mph on several tries it would just take off. Ran the suspension down as low as I could and put a smidge of rake on it. No, go. It's just too much of a parachute. Am half way though converting to a deltaplastik body now.

I was unable to get my senton body above 66mph on several tries it would just take off. Ran the suspension down as low as I could and put a smidge of rake on it. No, go. It's just too much of a parachute. Am half way though converting to a deltaplastik body now.
Can u provide pics. I am very interested in that project u have going on! lol

Old vid from flipping at speed. I haven't gotten any new pics yet, but will get back to working on the body transfer here soon. The parachute of a body starts getting squirrely at speed too. hard to keep it straight.

I haven't had a lot of time lately, so sorry for the short post, but I built a center spool as the limitless wasnt out yet. Rebuilt/shimmed and filled the front/rear diff's w/ I think either 500k or 1mil oil. Rebuilt the shocks, don't remember what oil. New bearings, GRP S3's and a castle MM2 w/ the stock blx motor. There's plenty left if I could keep it on the ground.

I have a deltaplastic Jaguar body, need to figure out mounting/mounts for it which is why I was checking out your build. Lowered it as low as I could get w/o scraping. I have a trax-ass front splitter that hasn't been mounted yet as I haven't figured out the body, and I may change that now that the limitless is out. I also need to make some side fillers to seal between the chassis and body - but that has to wait for the body to be mounted..

I haven't had a lot of time lately, so sorry for the short post, but I built a center spool as the limitless wasnt out yet. Rebuilt/shimmed and filled the front/rear diff's w/ I think either 500k or 1mil oil. Rebuilt the shocks, don't remember what oil. New bearings, GRP S3's and a castle MM2 w/ the stock blx motor. There's plenty left if I could keep it on the ground.

I have a deltaplastic Jaguar body, need to figure out mounting/mounts for it which is why I was checking out your build. Lowered it as low as I could get w/o scraping. I have a trax-ass front splitter that hasn't been mounted yet as I haven't figured out the body, and I may change that now that the limitless is out. I also need to make some side fillers to seal between the chassis and body - but that has to wait for the body to be mounted..
Velcro is the way to go!

New shoes for my love!
WIN_20210129_12_14_48_Pro.jpg

Two escs. two motors. A new motor mount. What are you up to??? Just replacing them or are you doing one motor front, one motor rear?
12s baby!
LMAO. No, I had put in 3s for the winter. Unfortunately, it didn't work out so I bought some new things. There is a lot done that you cant see. Full metal gears, custom-made spur, the custom wing. It's currently in 3s formation. You will never see it that way again. I was thinking of buying a BRCC roller because I have sooo many electronics. Getting ready for speedruns. Currently at a PB of 106mph "shakedown run".I am finding good spots and probably need a new radio because my Dumbo ain't got too much range. Gearing: 25/38. could go up to 35~

LMAO. No, I had put in 3s for the winter. Unfortunately, it didn't work out so I bought some new things. There is a lot done that you cant see. Full metal gears, custom-made spur, the custom wing. It's currently in 3s formation. You will never see it that way again. I was thinking of buying a BRCC roller because I have sooo many electronics. Getting ready for speedruns. Currently at a PB of 106mph "shakedown run".I am finding good spots and probably need a new radio because my Dumbo ain't got too much range. Gearing: 25/38. could go up to 35~
Oh, I see. If you don't want your extra electronics, you could always give them to me. :ROFLMAO: Next month, I can come back on this thread and look at these pics again and I will see it in 3s again. :ROFLMAO:

Oh, I see. If you don't want your extra electronics, you could always give them to me. :ROFLMAO: Next month, I can come back on this thread and look at these pics again and I will see it in 3s again. :ROFLMAO:
If you want something, just pay to ship. I shipped a BLX100 to @Emuscott for 10 bucks on the Christmas thread. He was in Michigan.

What's your pb with your current setup?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back