Limitless Serpent 989e Speed Runner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My build has been kinda stagnant when I realized that the front one way axle essentially made the car rear wheel drive only when braking, aka spinout city. Thanks @phildogg for setting me up. I received my locked front axle today so I'll be ready to do some light passes this weekend!

IMG_8647.jpg

That will make a world of difference.

Did some light passes on 6s using some tired zees. I was expecting 95-105 and hit 104. This drives so different than the limitless and Hobao. It’s really quiet and very twitchy, even with the gyro at +34. I’m going to get some azure 3s and re gear. Hoping to break 110 with the next passes

1F37F3D3-34EF-4E0E-ACE9-17800B5A7C9A.png

Using. a wedge body that the car came with. I haven’t decided on a lid yet I’m going to go delta plastic though

Last edited:
weather cleared up and I was able to do a couple of passes with my new azures. I have to say I'm very impressed. With the same gearing, Zees got me 104 and the azures 114 and I lifted early. Now I have to decide on a body....

IMG_0055.jpg

Man @dk10438 that car is mesmerizing to look at. Congratulations on a great build.
thanks! I really enjoy this car a lot and there were some technical challenges that I needed to overcome to get this ready for speed running. I will say, this car is very challenging to drive. Since it's relatively lightweight, it is very sensitive to any imperfections in the road (debris, small bumps, crest in the road, etc) so keeping it straight is more difficult. My initial goal was 130 mph but 120 might be safer....

thanks! I really enjoy this car a lot and there were some technical challenges that I needed to overcome to get this ready for speed running. I will say, this car is very challenging to drive. Since it's relatively lightweight, it is very sensitive to any imperfections in the road (debris, small bumps, crest in the road, etc) so keeping it straight is more difficult. My initial goal was 130 mph but 120 might be safer....
Yeah man, I’ll bet it’s a real challenge. Your little carbon missile weighs less than 5 pounds without batteries! Phenomenal, dude.

Yeah man, I’ll bet it’s a real challenge. Your little carbon missile weighs less than 5 pounds without batteries! Phenomenal, dude.
right now I'm using a "wedge" type body and I think it generates a tremendous amount of down force, even at 100 mph speeds. As a result, I think the steering is very sensitive. I'll have to drive it a little more and make some adjustments before I try to breach the 120 barrier.

PB this past weekend @116 mph. Another hacked up paint job by me, LOL

I'm gonna stay with this gearing for now while I get more comfortable driving the car at this speed. It's much more difficult to drive than my Hobao or limitless....

IMG_0058.jpeg

IMG_8745.jpeg

Very nice topic !!!

I have similar car EDAM RAZOR but need convert from nitro. I thinking what tondo with oneway front, but now I think need lock.

Im interesting of your next step.

Do you use any launch control for linear smooth acceleration ?

One of my family members has been ill so speed running has been on the back burner. I don’t use launch control so I could probably improve on my PB a few mph. I still have room on gearing and the car is quite capable. The limiting factor is a smooth road since it’s so sensitive to pebbles and road imperfections.

I have access to 700 meter race track ;-)
PerfectPass have own ;-) https://sites.google.com/view/smoothrottle-jerry-perfectpass
Motor 4082 should fit to mine
Mamba 6S ... but xlx2 can insert too.

Need design own motor holder and battery mounting plate... and anlot of work - maybe for Attum.

All best for You and family!!!

my edam

Screenshot_20230528_011453.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back