Serpent Natrix 750e

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Done! (y) With the exception of mounting the on/off switch and snapping on the servo end.

The set up:
Front:
Camber -.5
Castor 0
Toe -1

Rear
Camber 0
Tow -2

Spur 38T mod 1
Pinion 26t mod 1

TP 3900kv
BB mount
MMX8

Servo: Savox high speed, will be running at 8.4

Drag compound.

View attachment 273021
View attachment 273022

View attachment 273023

View attachment 273024

View attachment 273025

View attachment 273026

View attachment 273027
Damn bro, that's sexy AF!
Do Want I Need It GIF

Thanks! Not too shabby for a "nitro" guy:LOL:

So when this goes 132 feet in 1.8 seconds with a top speed in the 160's, can I hang with y'all in the speed run forum? :ROFLMAO:
You better believe it! I expect to see you in the low 1.6's to high 1.5's though so...aim high! Or low? However you wanna see it :LOL:

you were able to cram the 4030 into there? Great job and fantastic build!
Thanks!

It's hard to gauge the space in pics but the wires clear the belt by 7-8mm, and the can clears the belt by 9-10mm.

If the wires came out of the can like you were saying before like Castle motors, I could easily get a 4040 in there.

IMG_2762.jpg

Done! (y) With the exception of mounting the on/off switch and snapping on the servo end.

The set up:
Front:
Camber -.5
Castor 0
Toe -1

Rear
Camber 0
Tow -2

Spur 38T mod 1
Pinion 26t mod 1

TP 3900kv
BB mount
MMX8

Servo: Savox high speed, will be running at 8.4

Drag compound.

View attachment 273021
View attachment 273022

View attachment 273023

View attachment 273024

View attachment 273025

View attachment 273026

View attachment 273027
Looks great. Out of curiosity why are you running 0 castor?

If the wires came out of the can like you were saying before like Castle motors, I could easily get a 4040 in there.

If you look inside the can on the back there is generally some gap there. I bet you could pull the end cap off and modify the motor case to do that.
Not something most would be comfortable with, but just throwing it out there....

If you look inside the can on the back there is generally some gap there. I bet you could pull the end cap off and modify the motor case to do that.
Not something most would be comfortable with, but just throwing it out there....
Oh it’s in my wheelhouse for sure! I didn’t know about the space though, thanks! 4040 will be ordered and fab’d! 👍🏻

Edit: I have to return one anyway, it’s smaller than the 4030 in case I couldn’t fit it in.

Oh it’s in my wheelhouse for sure! I didn’t know about the space though, thanks! 4040 will be ordered and fab’d! 👍🏻
Double check with the current motor that you have there, that there is enough space. I am pretty sure it would be enough.

Holy ballzz!

I just took this thing out for a run up and down the street. Its precise, its super tight and I have WAY too much gear or KV in this thing. I got it in the 230's in 50-degree weather within a couple minutes. Motor is prolly shot but that's the name of the game. I'll def have to grab a lower KV motor for this but what a blast this thing was! Didn't need a single tweak either. According to the sky rc, I got it up to 88 just blipping the throttle at speed to see if it was going to break loose, it did but it corrected itself pretty quickly. Back to making that 4040 work. :ROFLMAO:

Holy ballzz!

I just took this thing out for a run up and down the street. Its precise, its super tight and I have WAY too much gear or KV in this thing. I got it in the 230's in 50-degree weather within a couple minutes. Motor is prolly shot but that's the name of the game. I'll def have to grab a lower KV motor for this but what a blast this thing was! Didn't need a single tweak either. According to the sky rc, I got it up to 88 just blipping the throttle at speed to see if it was going to break loose, it did but it corrected itself pretty quickly. Back to making that 4040 work. :ROFLMAO:
What kind of body goes on there? I just went back thru this whole thread & didn't see a shell. Sounds like a ripper for sure!!😃👍🤘

What kind of body goes on there? I just went back thru this whole thread & didn't see a shell. Sounds like a ripper for sure!!😃👍🤘
I’m either going to do a drag body or a pan car lid. Not sure yet. Yeah man, hearing those foams bending and ripping the street at speed gave me a nice chub!

very nice!
I took mine out for a spin today too but only on 3S. I found out pretty quickly that gyro isn't able to compensate for rwd braking only.

very nice!
I took mine out for a spin today too but only on 3S. I found out pretty quickly that gyro isn't able to compensate for rwd braking only.
I would definitely do that lock mod, after reading what @phildogg said, I looked into the parts and what would entail doing it. Doesn’t seem to look too difficult. I actually had no idea those came with OWB’s.

I would definitely do that lock mod, after reading what @phildogg said, I looked into the parts and what would entail doing it. Doesn’t seem to look too difficult. I actually had no idea those came with OWB’s.
yeah, neither did I. I think serpent makes either a locked front axle for a drag assist front axle for the natrix though.

yeah, neither did I. I think serpent makes either a locked front axle for a drag assist front axle for the natrix though.
It came with 500k front diff fluid in the box, it’s pretty stiff in this small car but it does turn decently. It really grabbed the dirty, salt dusty street, can’t wait to send it on hot asphalt!👍🏻

I got that 4030 in the mid 230's in about 2 min. Way too much KV and gear combined. She ripped but need a tad more power to handle the gear. I took it apart to see if I'll be able to get those wires through 1 hole OR Dremel away some material and get them through the top of the can on a 4040, no way Jose. Very tight and the end bell lip sinking into the can is the issue. I'd have to Dremel away material in a small precise manor that I'd need some type of CNC machine that I don't own.

I spaced the MM away a tad with some 1mm washers, looks like I'll be able to just squeak in a 4040 but it's going to be super close.

On a side note, the old mill appeared to be in great condition still, magnets felt strong AF and the rotor looked in brand new condition. No dark AMP heat spots on the Kevlar. The motor was probably still good BUT it's in the trash can now. I don't want any future possible problems so fug it.. :ROFLMAO: Thats RC'n!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back