Serpent Natrix 750e

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotnitro

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
That's all I got so far; I'll be back in here tomorrow with bag 1.

image0 (2).jpeg

Last edited:
Alrighty then, here we go. I decided to do the front diff as well since the rear is solid. For the rest, I'm following the destructions in the manual.

Bag 1

Bag 1.jpg

Bag 2 and 3

This build is so precise they even use bearings for the sway bars. Incredible! I'm not using any of the bearings in the kit, Fast Eddie's sealed ceramics are going in.

Bag 2.jpg

Bag 3.jpg

Last edited:
looking My-Te-Fine!
can you take some measurements? specifically how wide is the rear belt, wheelbase, and how long of a motor can this take?

Thanks! I’ll get ya the belt measurement in a few, the wheel base looks like about bag 8.5 lol. Almost there.

Bought a 4030 and a 3630. Wont know what’s going to fit in there till I get the BB mount but it’s looking about 63mm to the belt. Not worried about the wires, I can rotate the motor to the side back where they come out. Best case if the BB mount doesn’t give me the room for one of these motors, I get to bust out the TIG and kick the mount out a few MM. Something is getting bolted in the MF’r I’ll tell ya that! Maybe even the 4040 still. The mx8 is going to be an issue but hopefully I have just enough room after some dremel work.

I have had my eye one this model for about 2 years. It has to be the best 1/10 out there... I love the engineering of how sturdy the a-arms are compared to other 1/10 touring cars.
There are a lot of things I’d have done differently with the arms. This kit being so precise they should have made them 1 piece instead of 2 and done a shim delete for drag. The pulley sets, instead of making a 2 piece plastic pulley held together on the axle with a C-clip, I wish they’d have made it solid aluminum through a pin with grub. The diff housings could have been a 2 piece instead of 4.

This car will get smoked on a race track, solid rear axle. But for drag or top speeds, this is probably up there with any 1/8th. I just hope I can cram the mill I want in there, in there👍🏻

There are a lot of things I’d have done differently with the arms. This kit being so precise they should have made them 1 piece instead of 2 and done a shim delete for drag. The pulley sets, instead of making a 2 piece plastic pulley held together on the axle with a C-clip, I wish they’d have made it solid aluminum through a pin with grub. The diff housings could have been a 2 piece instead of 4.

This car will get smoked on a race track, solid rear axle. But for drag or top speeds, this is probably up there with any 1/8th. I just hope I can cram the mill I want in there, in there👍🏻
Agreed it's more robust setup appeals to power and speed but at a trade off from typical handling focused rigs.

Well to fair, serpent designed this car to address the needs of drag racers and there really isn’t a class for this type of car.

Somewhere I read that the 748/750 were to be thought of as “factory modded cars” for drag or high speed applications.

Even foams are outa-wack for how light they are. I've been adamant about balancing your tires, makes it such a more pleasurable and accurate drive. When nothing is vibrating at high speeds, your car/truck will appreciate it. So will your pocket.

image0 (3).jpeg

Up on the HUDY

Rear toe-1.5
Rear camber -.5

Front next on the HUDY. The ESC should be arriving today(y)

image1 (1).jpeg

I'm running out of room very quickly. But come hell or high water, that ESC will be getting installed.

Now that its together and I understand how everything works, it's time to start RC'ing..

There are some mounts for the top plate getting in my way. I'll have to move a mount or 2 over and most likely will have to Dremel away some CF where the bullets are. Some of you might cringe as I will be being these are not your everyday car and hard to come by. I've been doing this for a couple minutes now though, it won't be hacked. :cool:

Seeing the Phillips screws in the ESC is driving me nuts.. I mean, WTF!.. Everything else is clean hex'n then BOOM! Castle comes in with frickin Phillips... :rolleyes:Some cap heads will be installed. ;)

IMG_2734.jpg

It's looking more and more like I'm going to be able to use this ESC without too many mods, definitely don't have to Dremel away any CF material. The RX is mounted upside down under the top plate next to the belt bearing bracket. Tell ya what though, cutting wires, making new plugs, the fact that the servo is mounted to the top plate and the ESC is mounted to the CF under that's also mounted to the chassis, LOTS of moving parts to get this to sit properly before bolting up. It's like a frickin puzzle with many hand holders needed to make this all work.. I might have to call the wife in to hold some poop while I button it all up, that'll be a frickin chore:LOL: My goal with this car is to be able to drag it in under 1.9 seconds and also have a top speed in the 150's. Making all of this work will take 3x longer than the build.

With the exception of the motor and batt wires, she should be wireless looking once completed. Next pic it should be done. Won't be for a while though, still waiting on china express...:rolleyes:

IMG_2736.jpg

Done! (y) With the exception of mounting the on/off switch and snapping on the servo end.

The set up:
Front:
Camber -.5
Castor 0
Toe -1

Rear
Camber 0
Tow -2

Spur 38T mod 1
Pinion 26t mod 1

TP 3900kv
BB mount
MMX8

Servo: Savox high speed, will be running at 8.4

Drag compound.

image0 (4).jpeg

image4.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image1 (2).jpeg

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image5.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back