Service your bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lingerfelter6

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion
Despite using Fast Eddy sealed bearings, I realised regular servicing is still required.

IMG_20190326_204322.jpg

Rear wheel hub outer bearings.

Last edited:
Despite using Fast Eddy sealed bearings, I realised regular servicing is still required.

View attachment 33788

Rear wheel hub outer bearings.
I found the same thing on the weekend, when I went to replace a suspension arm. Inner and outer in the hubs were gritty. Going to have to take a close look at all installed bearings now, after recent wet and muddy runs.

I found the same thing on the weekend, when I went to replace a suspension arm. Inner and outer in the hubs were gritty. Going to have to take a close look at all installed bearings now, after recent wet and muddy runs.

The inner bearing was gritty while the outer one had a bit of resistance when turning the inner race. Looks like these bearings don't completely seal out dirt.

Interesting. I have to see if the front inner bearings exhibit the same behavior. Running CVDs in the rear would be a possible solution. Thanks for the tip!
I've been running the same set of Jim's Bearings since last December and no gritty bearings. The stock bearings were trashed within the first month. You should have seen what happened to my rear diff.

20171212_124738.jpg

Last edited:
So what are some good bearing that will last for a while? Are those fast eddy bearings ceramics worth the price? they are like 70$ a set.

So what are some good bearing that will last for a while? Are those fast eddy bearings ceramics worth the price? they are like 70$ a set.
No, they use the same rubber seals as the normal bearings. I would not waste the money on ceramic ones.

I've read ceramics breaks much more. they are not design for high impact applications. I don't think there is some magic bearings other the good ones we already use (Avid, fast eddie etc etc). The only thing i can help is lower the weight of the car, and softer wheels to absorb some of the impact of landing. (for me it's those "side" landings that do most of the damage on the wheel bearings)

Within 6 packs, the bearings in both differentials on my new BRCC seized and then proceeded to melt (and destroy) the diff yokes with heat from the friction. I'm hoping the fast eddy's last a little longer and cause less damage.

How are you pulling out the rubber seals on the bearings? I just want to make sure that I don't damage it when I try with the new ones I'm putting in now. (thanks in advance)

Within 6 packs, the bearings in both differentials on my new BRCC seized and then proceeded to melt (and destroy) the diff yokes with heat from the friction. I'm hoping the fast eddy's last a little longer and cause less damage.

How are you pulling out the rubber seals on the bearings? I just want to make sure that I don't damage it when I try with the new ones I'm putting in now. (thanks in advance)
I use an exacto knife. https://excelblades.com/products/k1...eR7Pq7vJ_cW0NwdO7W7Zhpso25NNIPxxoCYyYQAvD_BwE

I always have at least 20 bearings in stock for the hubs and diffs. The are very cheap and cleaning them takes me too much time and effort.
Just lookup the size you need on Alibaba or similar, they have thousands of 'm.

What do you all use for lubricant? I was hoping to find something at a local hardware store that would work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back