Servicing / maintenance questions on Nero

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
ok - I am still new and learning about these trucks. I wanted to ask about what servicing involves. How do I service my diffs? What oil do I use? Hell - what do I do? I also understand that I need to screw tight a few screws when I get it Monday. Especially the steering arm screw that Afro Samurai pointed out in his thread. Not on the servo but the next one on the arm.any other screws to tighten? What should I lock tite? I am also planning on replacing the servo day one. It comes with these little rubber square things - I need to put them in to reduce vibration right? Sorry for all the questions guys but I know very little and want to take care of this one and make it last.

Diffs do not take oil, only grease.

May i ask why you will change your servo? Set the dualrate right and it will please you. Ive been racing for 10 years.and one thing i knpw is..servo is one of the importent things. I have used this thinking on my first 3 1/8 ARRMAs..never used a stock...bit i got a Talion for a few month..using stock..and will so do. Nero 6s...100% stock..and have no plans either ti chamge it.

My tip is, test it before you change it.

What diff grease do you use?...or suggest?...searching the rc forums...every one seems to use these high cst oils...maybe that's just for racers?..

I would like to hear more on this..you are the undisputed Nero Master....

I had a 15kg on my other MT and it died in about two months or so. High torque = better handling and when Im racing my boys Losi XXL2 with his 345 / oz DUAL Servos - I know I will need the help. However - maybe your right - I just have an extra CYS S9120 Brushless motor / titanium 277 / oz just sitting here doing nothin.... Question - After removing the whole center piece - I just mount servo and turn on receiver & then truck and the servo will center itself -then I put the servo arm on at that 45 degree angle and screw it in right? Not sure what a dual rate is ...

Last edited:
Dualrate is , limit the turn si you do not burn the servo.

Not even for racers..the diffs are not designed to take diff oil. I have seareched and not yet found any diff grease in different thicknes at all. Maybe marine grease can be used. I still use stock

I had a 15kg on my other MT and it died in about two or so. High torque = better handling and when Im racing my boys lost XXL2 with his 345 / oz DUAL Servos - I know I will need the help. However - maybe your right - I just have an extra CYS S9120 Brushless motor / titanium 277 / oz just sitting here doing nothin.... Question - After removing the whole center piece - I just mount servo and turn on receiver & then truck and the servo will center itself -then I put the servo arm on at that 45 degree angle and screw it in right? Not sure what a dual rate is ...

Turn truck upside down sir. Remove cover 3 screws.

Remove servo arm

Remove 2! Servo mount screws ( this 2 holds the servo )

Change servo, mount the old servo mount on the new seevo and put it in place of the truck. And plug it in to ch 1 on reciver

Turn on Transmitter
Turn on car, look at the transmitter, steering trim knob that it is centred.

Mount servo arm when car still are ON. Secure arm with screw.

Put back cover 3 screws..turn car arriund..might use trim nob on transmitter to centre the wheels

Dualrate is , limit the turn si you do not burn the servo.

Not even for racers..the diffs are not designed to take diff oil. I have seareched and not yet found any diff grease in different thicknes at all. Maybe marine grease can be used. I still use stock

Turn truck upside down sir. Remove cover 3 screws.

Remove servo arm

Remove 2! Servo mount screws ( this 2 holds the servo )

Change servo, mount the old servo mount on the new seevo and put it in place of the truck. And plug it in to ch 1 on reciver

Turn on Transmitter
Turn on car, look at the transmitter, steering trim knob that it is centred.

Mount servo arm when car still are ON. Secure arm with screw.

Put back cover 3 screws..turn car arriund..might use trim nob on transmitter to centre the wheels
many many thanks. You are very helpful and I really appreciate it. I confused receiver with transmitter there - apologies. I plan on avoiding my hobby store with this rig 100%. Let them handle my other trucks and cars. Getting Nero delivered Monday. So mad I didn't get it from tower hobbies with their 130$ coupon. Paid 649 + 16$ shipping.

I was always under the impression that you use diff oil or diff fluid inside the diffs to help slow the internal gears down which inturn helps with power distribution to the tires. Am I wrong about this?
The Kraton manual suggest to put 10,000 cst in the center diff and 7,000 cst in front and rear diffs. Which is what I did. I may lower it alittle and put 7,000 cst in the center and 3,000 cst in front and rear.
I'm sure the Nero is something similar.

No the Nero 6s are not designed for diff oil, only greese.

Seen a guy who sealed the lockpin holes ( 8 or 10 ) in each diff wirh a succes.

So if you do not seal them, they will be enoty before first run is over.

I run 7k-10k-30k in my talion..Kraton 100k mid and 60k front..handles like a dream on 6s

No poop, never knew that.
Wow. I'm new to all of this. I've had my Nero through about 20 packs of Lipos so far and have done absolutely nothing. Pls tell me what I need to do before I'm in trouble. My hobby shop said to just have fun and don't worry about it until something goes wrong as stock grease will not disintegrate. I have my Kraton coming Wednesday And really would rather learn how to maintain these bad boys properly. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

There are a whole bunch of vids on YouTube about maintaining rc's, that's how I learn. Watch them, even if they are not about your specific truck, generally they all work the same way. Also the kraton manual is pretty good in showing you things.

No the Nero 6s are not designed for diff oil, only greese.

Seen a guy who sealed the lockpin holes ( 8 or 10 ) in each diff wirh a succes.

So if you do not seal them, they will be enoty before first run is over.

I run 7k-10k-30k in my talion..Kraton 100k mid and 60k front..handles like a dream on 6s

What is your rear set-up for your Kraton? 30K?

I agree with you. I replaced mine with a marine grease. I've been using marine grease with my rock racers for a while now and have been happy with it. If you open your NERO diff, you will see that there wasn't enough grease (IMO). Marine great is cheap when you get them in tubes.
Just make sure that you get the lithium base grease that with resist thinning or hardening. I also use the same grease for my bearings and also use them to waterproof my none waterproof servos with a little corrosionX. Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back