Outcast Servo already out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakeaowen15

Reaction score
I got an outcast in sunday(8 days ago), and was running it yesterday and the freakin servo already broke, I’ve heard and seen in videos that these servos are crap,(it’s the servo on the 6s outcast EXB). I’ve only ran it 3 times and it already broke. I don’t want to get the same one, so what would you recommend without spending a fortune on a new servo?

I got an outcast in sunday(8 days ago), and was running it yesterday and the freakin servo already broke, I’ve heard and seen in videos that these servos are crap,(it’s the servo on the 6s outcast EXB). I’ve only ran it 3 times and it already broke. I don’t want to get the same one, so what would you recommend without spending a fortune on a new servo?
DS3225 off Amazon

DS3225 off Amazon
I have that servo in my Traxxas maxx. I don’t have the pro version. It works, seems durable, but it’s not too special. It’s a bit on the slower side, so if you’re looking for high speed and power, I wouldn’t recommend it. This said, if you’ve not had anything other than the stock servo, it’s an improvement, so I would recommend it for that.

I have that servo in my Traxxas maxx. I don’t have the pro version. It works, seems durable, but it’s not too special. It’s a bit on the slower side, so if you’re looking for high speed and power, I wouldn’t recommend it. This said, if you’ve not had anything other than the stock servo, it’s an improvement, so I would recommend it for that.
Interesting, thanks. Are you running it at 6V? That would be the simplest voltage for me, if I put one in my Sledge, to replace the apparently-crappy stock 2275 servo.

It's nice that they can handle 8.4V, at least, but that requires adding a BEC or maybe 2S LiPo, so I'd prefer to avoid that, at least to start.

Interesting, thanks. Are you running it at 6V? That would be the simplest voltage for me, if I put one in my Sledge, to replace the apparently-crappy stock 2275 servo.

It's nice that they can handle 8.4V, at least, but that requires adding a BEC or maybe 2S LiPo, so I'd prefer to avoid that, at least to start.
Yes at 6v. I don’t want to deal with the extra wiring and cost of a BEC. I try to keep my rcing to a lower cost than most here😂
Could you send a like and reply to me with it, I can’t seem to find it?
https://www.amazon.com/ZOSKAY-Corel...words=zoskay+35kg+servo&qid=1674487432&sr=8-4

Last edited:
So with that servo that you sent me with a link, what voltage do you run it it? And is the 6v and 8.4v only avalable for someone who wants to upgrade it? Could i run 8.4 V in the stock servo?
I have this servo. https://www.amazon.com/gp/slredirec...+35kg+servo&qid=1674493090&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1
It is slightly different. The one I linked first is the pro version, I don’t have the pro version. I run mine right off the receiver at 6 volts.
I don’t believe it can do 8,4, I think only 7.4v

The one I linked first is the pro version, I don’t have the pro version. I run mine right off the receiver at 6 volts.
I don’t believe it can do 8,4, I think only 7.4v

Geez, that's a great point, thanks. I'd been considering the standard DS3235, the Pro, and an AGFRC. But it hadn't really registered that the standard version only does 7.4V, not 8.4V. Currently I only have 6V available, so it doesn't matter much. But if I later added a BEC to go to a higher voltage, I would want to go to 8.4, not 7.4V, since the BEC price and weight is likely the same no matter which voltage you're using.

Thank you for pointing that out. That would steer me towards the Pro, vs standard.

So could you run it at 7.4, if so what’s the difference?
Geez, that's a great point, thanks. I'd been considering the standard DS3235, the Pro, and an AGFRC. But it hadn't really registered that the standard version only does 7.4V, not 8.4V. Currently I only have 6V available, so it doesn't matter much. But if I later added a BEC to go to a higher voltage, I would want to go to 8.4, not 7.4V, since the BEC price and weight is likely the same no matter which voltage you're using.

Thank you for pointing that out. That would steer me towards the Pro, vs standard.
Replying to both of you. The pro has greater torque and speed at all voltages. If you view the servo and scroll down to the specs, it’ll give you the exact differences. I can get them for you in a bit, leaving for a road trip and have to pack now. I’m always happy to help!

Replying to both of you. The pro has greater torque and speed at all voltages. If you view the servo and scroll down to the specs, it’ll give you the exact differences. I can get them for you in a bit, leaving for a road trip and have to pack now. I’m always happy to help!
Could you help compare the pro one we’re talking about to the stock one that comes on the v5 6s outcast exb?

Thanks. Yeah, the specs improvements made me prefer the Pro anyhow, for just $8 more. It's still in budget territory, we're not talking about getting a $120 servo for just playing around :)

But also allowing higher voltages seems like yet another benefit of the Pro.

Could you help compare the pro one we’re talking about to the stock one that comes on the v5 6s outcast exb?
35kg, 25kg pro, and what seemed to be the stock servo. I don’t have a 6s, so I don’t know for sure if that’s correct. My research showed it should be correct.

83CAF61D-CDAB-450B-8850-629E7846E197.png

7F348AC5-9CAB-466C-A2BC-9CEC9B99A66C.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back