Kraton Servo and mount upgrade suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
servo: Savöx SW-1210SG
https://www.savoxusa.com/collection...ducts/savsw1210sg-waterproof-coreless-digital

mount: Voltage Hobbies
https://www.voltagehobbies.com/stor...Kraton,_Talion,_Typhon,_Senton,_Outcast.html#/
5E0025D7-1BB3-445D-B026-16D506673F06.jpeg
C0F23530-9875-4ED8-B843-B3AB4DC4AA65.jpeg

I have not tried enough servos to give an informed recommendation, but I can wholeheartedly concur with jondilly's recommendation of the Armorwerks servo mount.
Beautifully machined one piece mount, 2mm taller to eliminate the spacers, and it comes in black, silver and red for those who want to color coordinate ;)

I have not tried enough servos to give an informed recommendation, but I can wholeheartedly concur with jondilly's recommendation of the Armorwerks servo mount.
Beautifully machined one piece mount, 2mm taller to eliminate the spacers, and it comes in black, silver and red for those who want to color coordinate ;)
I would have bought one on Amazon, but it says "unavailable". Nevermind, I found their website

I would have bought one on Amazon, but it says "unavailable". Nevermind, I found their website
As far as mounts go, any one piece aluminum will do a much better job than stock. I have the 5 piece Hot Racing in my Notorious, and even that has held up without issue. As far as servos go, the Savox is obviously a strong choice, but the 25 kg Amazon special, (the one @arrmadave is offering in the classifieds) is a very inexpensive, quality option. It is sold under many names like Annimos, Zolsky and others. When checking them out, remember that only the 180° is necessary. Buying from Amazon also affords you the no hassle return time and if you purchase it through the forum link, it also helps to make money to support the forum.

As far as mounts go, any one piece aluminum will do a much better job than stock. I have the 5 piece Hot Racing in my Notorious, and even that has held up without issue. As far as servos go, the Savox is obviously a strong choice, but the 25 kg Amazon special, (the one @arrmadave is offering in the classifieds) is a very inexpensive, quality option. It is sold under many names like Annimos, Zolsky and others. When checking them out, remember that only the 180° is necessary. Buying from Amazon also affords you the no hassle return time and if you purchase it through the forum link, it also helps to make money to support the forum.
Did I read that @arrmadave only ships to the lower 48?

Savox 1210sg servo and the GKA mount. GKA mount is the most solid mount available in my opinion. If you use a BEC with the savox servo you can get some nice results. The BEC allows the savox to use full power and speed. Otherwise your paying for that quality but not using it

Savox 1210sg servo and the GKA mount. GKA mount is the most solid mount available in my opinion. If you use a BEC with the savox servo you can get some nice results. The BEC allows the savox to use full power and speed. Otherwise your paying for that quality but not using it
This is exactly why these Amazon ones are such a good deal. Their spec on 6.8V is 24.5kg and 0.13 secs. Big improvement over stock, waterproof (probably ?) inexpensive and come with the Amazon no hassle warranty. The Savox is a beast, but for everyday bashers trying to save a few bucks, these are very good.

Could have swore I still needed spacers on y 1210sg with the armorworks mount. Looking at my photo... I can't tell, but I do have spacers I made out of 1/8" delrin under the servo ears.

I decided to buy two of the servos offered by @arrmadave . I went with the Armorwerks mount.

Looks like armorwerks is no longer in business. Both website and phone number is out of service.

Voltage seems to be out of stock. I guess I might try the Hot racing since these seem to be the only descent option in stock

Looks like armorwerks is no longer in business. Both website and phone number is out of service.

Voltage seems to be out of stock. I guess I might try the Hot racing since these seem to be the only descent option in stock
I got lucky and bought three for each of my 6s rigs (Kraton Outcast and Typhon). Bolted right up and they work great.

Definitely go with a gka mount. Stay away from voltage hobbies. They are out of business but their website is still running, and will take your money. Many of us had to file paypal disputes to get refunded.
Definitely go with a gka mount. Stay away from voltage hobbies. They are out of business but their website is still running, and will take your money. Many of us had to file paypal disputes to get refunded.
20200412_033902.jpg
disregard the bent tower ? I have since replaced all towers with m2c lol. Just eanted to show the gka mount ?

For kraton v4 servo mounts do you guys use the gka standard fit or the tall one? What is the difference in use of those two?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back