Kraton Servo / BEC / WP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpeg
So would the regular 3.8 Badlands be better on the servo? Which tires do you recommend?
I would wait,try the stock tires first and see how it runs,temps.The small Badlands would make life for your servo easier.

Holy crap those are huge! Dangit I didn't realize they were that much bigger. I called tower and even though my order hasn't shipped yet they said they couldn't make any changes so I will have to return them and pay for shipping :(

Your stock tires and rims are fine, I found them impressive...if you want to change them later, look into the Backflips that Arrma puts on the Outcast. Arrma got the size perfect on them. Also...the stock servo is fine also. I would just change the ESC to a Mamba Monster X and run the stock servo at a higher voltage. This way you will have stronger steering and a smoother ESC that can be programmed easy and has data logging. The worst things on the Kraton is the transmitter/ receiver and the ESC. Just an opinion. The Servo will serve you well for a while and so will the stock tires. Spend money on the ESC and if you can TX/RX before anything. The servo isn't bad at a higher voltage....it's the stock ESC that suffers more . The stock electronics are worth about $20 bucks, so don't feel bad about upgrading them. The RTR Kraton is reasonably priced anyway.

It's best just to run the Kraton as is to see what you think first. You may like it as is...many people do. My opinion is just that.....an opinion.

Last edited:
Holy crap those are huge! Dangit I didn't realize they were that much bigger. I called tower and even though my order hasn't shipped yet they said they couldn't make any changes so I will have to return them and pay for shipping :(
Their only slightly bigger than stock tires.I found the smaller Badlands didn't give me enough ground clearance for where i run( some rocks).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back