Servo Comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I've seen a bunch of posts lately about replacement servos for the 6s trucks. The big 3 are:
I figured I would list the specs for each.

Jx speed @6v: 0.14
Savox speed @6v: 0.15
Power HD speed @6v: 0.11

Jx torque @6v: 37.5kg
Savox torque@6v: 20kg
PowerHD torque @6v: 25kg

Jx speed @7.4v: 0.12
Savox speed @7.4v: 0.13
PowerHD speed @7.4v: N/A

Jx torque @7.4v: 46.9kg
Savox [email protected]: 32kg
PowerHD torque @7.4v: N/A

It's worth noting that the Jx servo is not listed as waterproof.

Approximate cost:
Savox: $84
Jx: $55
PowerHD: $63

Based on specs, the PowerHD is the fastest at 6v. The Jx is clearly the strongest. Once you go to 7.4 volts, the Jx had the superior spes for both. It is also the cheapest of the 3. Again, not waterproof and that's could be an issue.

The last thing to consider is reliability. I can only speak to the many Savox servos that I own. I've had 3 fail and all of the failures were caused by the ESC. I went through my LHS for warranty and every one was replaced. I've never stripped gears in one. The Jx I own is only a month or so old. I can't speak to it's durability just yet and I know that if it fails I wont have any recourse. These are things that need to be taken into consideration.

Here are my final thoughts. The Savox is a great, reliable servo with decent specs and a great warranty. However, it is the most expensive servo of the 3 and only beats the PowerHD when run on 7.4v. it's always been my "go to" servo in the 6s trucks but I am going to start using other brand. In this case it will be the Jx because it is the cheapest and pretty much had the best specs of them all. I may need to waterproof it though and that can be a turn off for some.

Hope this helps you guys ???
I'm case anyone was wondering the stats on the stock ADS-15 are as follows:

Speed: 0.16 @6v, 0.14 @7.4
Torque: 14kg @6v, 15kg @7.4

Last edited:
I bought the JX CLS6332HV servos from Banggood for $27 each and here are the specs:

0DEDCE69-331A-46F0-8E2D-3A66FA2C4D0D.png

I don’t see them being listed as waterproof either, so I doubt they are. However, if I keep my rig out of a ditch, I’m usually good. I avoid water these days.

As far as speed, these things are wicked fast. I also own the Amazon DS3225 blue servo, which is rated at 0.08@6v and I can tell you the JX is much faster.

I bought the JX CLS6332HV servos from Banggood for $27 each and here are the specs:

View attachment 50493

I don’t see them being listed as waterproof either, so I doubt they are. However, if I keep my rig out of a ditch, I’m usually good. I avoid water these days.

As far as speed, these things are wicked fast. I also own the Amazon DS3225 blue servo, which is rated at 0.08@6v and I can tell you the JX is much faster.
Fast, but that torque.... yikes.

Fast, but that torque.... yikes.
What can I look for when driving to know if I need more torque? I don’t think I’ve ever had an issue before, but only have ran the 3S/4S rigs to date, so it might not be a factor on such light rigs. My Typhon 6S is almost ready to run. Just got the receiver for it and should be ready for a maiden voyage soon.

What can I look for when driving to know if I need more torque? I don’t think I’ve ever had an issue before, but only have ran the 3S/4S rigs to date, so it might not be a factor on such light rigs. My Typhon 6S is almost ready to run. Just got the receiver for it and should be ready for a maiden voyage soon.
You don't need a lot of torque for the 3s/4s rigs. I'm sure that servo is fine. But it's very helpful in the 6s rigs. Poor turning radius under power is one thing that shows you need more torque.

I've seen a bunch of posts lately about replacement servos for the 6s trucks. The big 3 are Savox SW-1210SG, PowerHD DW25LV and the Jx CLS-HV7346MG. I figured I would list the specs for each.

Power HD speed @6v: 0.13

Approximate cost:

Based on specs, the PowerHD is the fastest at 6v. The Jx is clearly the strongest. Once you go to 7.4 volts, the Jx had the superior spes for both. It is also the cheapest of the 3. Again, not waterproof and that's could be an issue.

The last thing to consider is reliability. I can only speak to the many Savox servos that I own. I've had 3 fail and all of the failures were caused by the ESC. I went through my LHS for warranty and every one was replaced. I've never stripped gears in one. The Jx I own is only a month or so old. O can't speak to it's durability just yet and I know that if it fails I wont have any recourse. These are things that need to be taken into consideration.

Here are my final thoughts. The Savox is a great, reliable servo with decent specs and a great warranty. However, it is the most expensive servo of the 3 and only beats the PowerHD when run on 7.4v. it's always been my "go to" servo in the 6s trucks but I am going to start using other brand. In this case it will be the Jx because it is the cheapest and pretty much had the best specs of them all. I may need to waterproof it though and that can be a turn off for some.

On Amazon.ca, the JX is between $80 and $90 CAD, but ships from China. Where's a good place to source it on our side of the pond?

I've seen a bunch of posts lately about replacement servos for the 6s trucks. The big 3 are Savox SW-1210SG, PowerHD DW25LV and the Jx CLS-HV7346MG. I figured I would list the specs for each.

Power HD speed @6v: 0.13

Approximate cost:

The last thing to consider is reliability. I can only speak to the many Savox servos that I own. I've had 3 fail and all of the failures were caused by the ESC. I went through my LHS for warranty and every one was replaced. I've never stripped gears in one. The Jx I own is only a month or so old. O can't speak to it's durability just yet and I know that if it fails I wont have any recourse. These are things that need to be taken into consideration.

Nice write up, good info there! ?

I haven't had much luck with the JX servos.

JX PDI 6221-MG the case broke.
relGNrJ (1).jpg

JX CL6036 just randomly died.

Now I switched to these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RNFQYD2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DS3225
Operating voltage range: 5-7.4V
Operating speed ( 5.0V ): 0.1 sec/60 degree
Operating speed ( 6.0V ): 0.08 sec/60 degree
( 7.4V ): 0.07 sec/60 degree
Stall torque ( 5.0V ): 22kg/cm
Stall torque ( 6.0V ): 24kg/cm
Stall torque ( 7.4V ): 25.5kg/cm

Now I switched to these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RNFQYD2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DS3225
Operating voltage range: 5-7.4V
Operating speed ( 5.0V ): 0.1 sec/60 degree
Operating speed ( 6.0V ): 0.08 sec/60 degree
( 7.4V ): 0.07 sec/60 degree
Stall torque ( 5.0V ): 22kg/cm
Stall torque ( 6.0V ): 24kg/cm
Stall torque ( 7.4V ): 25.5kg/cm

Those are some good specs!
How long have you used the DS Servo? Overall impressions so far?
I have been looking at these... it seems to be a great servo with many good reviews on Amazon.

-Liberty

Those are some good specs!
How long have you used the DS Servo? Overall impressions so far?
I have been looking at these... it seems to be a great servo with many good reviews on Amazon.

-Liberty
I've had it since the end of July. Beats the pants off my Savox 1211SG servo.

A few thoughts.

Do you prefer fast or strong?
What rig are you running it in?

I prefer strong over fast. I actually turn down my steering rate if the servo is too fast. Otherwise they are too twitchy for my liking. That's a personal preference. A small, light plastic chassis rig doesn't need as powerful a servo as say a heavily upgraded Kraton.

@slick2500 that first Jx is a $15 servo. I call that disposable ?

At the end of the day, run what you like people ? There are a lot of options and everyone is going to have a favorite. And everyone is going to say someone else's favorite once died on them.

Another thing to consider is where you run your truck. If you are a street guy, speed of the servo might be more important that torque. The bottom line is there really isn't one servo for every application.

I’m leaning towards power over speed too, if asked. I can see where twitchy fast servos could be a bad thing. Especially at 80mph+ ?
Same here!
I think twitchy fast is only useful in competitive racing.

I am looking for a servo that can hold the wheels dead straight despite any forces acting on the suspension/wheel system.
25KG should be plenty to get the job done with on-road tires.

-Liberty

Well I finally figured out what's wrong with my Notorious. Whatever I read about the night/day before, happens the next time out. You're just lucky @bicketybam that I had a spare ?
20191010_151027.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back